5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello, excited to become a Ram owner!

MrSixStrings12

Reaction score
Going to the local dealership this week to do a build-to-order Ram 1500! Been searching for about a month for a truck. Currently own a '16 Wrangler and friggin HATE it. I traded my Infiniti G37 in for the JK after renting a wrangler in the carribean and really enjoying it. Well, driving a wrangler in carribean paradise is a little different in the wonderful winters of eastern PA. Hate the uconnect, it leaks every time it rains, the hinges are rusted to heck, etc etc. Current situation calls for possibly towing a boat often and, as a wood worker, I could really use a truck bed. Test drove a new Ram 1500 the other week and I'm in love and impressed. The interiors of trucks are so much nicer compared to my dad's truck/work trucks i have driven. After negotiations fell short, I decided the best thing to do was do a build-to-order. The issue I am having is finding a Big Horn with the package 2 PLUS upgraded headlights and stereo that does NOT have leather. After the G37, I am done with leather. Too hot in the summer, too cold in the winter.
Super excited to get rid of the Wrangler and finally own a truck. Have learned alot from reading the threads here. Thanks!

I agree on the Wrangler thing as I used to carpool with a buddy who had one. It was generally miserable. Of course I had a Geo Metro at the time and I'm not quite sure which was worse.
Welcome

I agree on the Wrangler thing as I used to carpool with a buddy who had one. It was generally miserable. Of course I had a Geo Metro at the time and I'm not quite sure which was worse.
Welcome
The major thing I noticed was, okay my doors are leaking. Let me search some forums on how to fix it. And more than 50% of the answers I found were "tHaT's JeEp LiFe FoR yA". Like, no. I didnt spend 25k+ to be told thats what owning the vehicle is all about. Like seriously? The amount of people that accept MAJOR issues of the wranglers is ridiculous. I'm ready to move on for sure. Luckily the wife talked me out of disbarring Dodge all together because of the wrangler. I was looking for trucks and not including Rams altogether.

Hope the other new owners or new to be owners don't have my situation. Owned my truck 45 days. 2 repairs completed over 38 days in shop. It didn't even make it home last night from the dealer following the 2nd repair before having the same issue. It's clearly a lemon and I'm going down that path. I'm looking for others' thoughts whether it's worth the risk of another RAM 1500 5.7H eTorque or whether to just take the money. When it ran, it was the best truck I've owned and I don't really see anything else comparable, but....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back