5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Height of Rebel GT?

stevieb92

Reaction score
Hey all,
I'm about ready to hit send on my Rebel GT order, but one last question. What's the height of a Rebel GT? Not counting the antenna (if it has one)? I'm concerned about it fitting into my garage under the door when it's opened. Is the roof flat or is there something sticking up like a GPS shark fin? If it's not going to fit into my garage, that's a deal breaker.

Thanks!

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
FYI, Vehicle Height Maximum - 77.6 ins. to 79.2 from chart depending on certain parameters.

Attachments

• Ram Body Builder dimensions _LD DT_View-Chart Crew 57_MY19+.pdf
    553.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

stevieb92

Reaction score
FYI, Vehicle Height Maximum - 77.6 ins. from chart with certain parameters, 20 in. tires.

Thanks for the chart! Where did you get that?

From looking at page 5 for the Rebel specs, it appears the Rebel with the 275/70R18 is 79.2. My door seal is about 81.5 to the concrete, so it appears I have about two inches of room. Whew!

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

From looking at page 5 for the Rebel specs, it appears the Rebel with the 275/70R18 is 79.2. My door seal is about 81.5 to the concrete, so it appears I have about two inches of room. Whew!
Been on the forum for 5 years, probably someone posted and was saved. Door goes all the way up vs door seal? Best of luck.

stevieb92

Reaction score
Been on the forum for 5 years, probably someone posted and was saved. Door goes all the way up vs door seal? Best of luck.
Well, I saved it too. Thanks! Yes, the door goes all the way up, the 81.5 is to the seal that attaches to the door frame. The seal contacts the door when its in the down position. It's the lowest point that may contact the highest point of the Rebel.

BJSwizzle

Reaction score

My truck just fits, about 2 inches clearance lol!

Attachments

• IMG_3308.jpeg
    IMG_3308.jpeg
    132 KB · Views: 36

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey all,
I'm about ready to hit send on my Rebel GT order, but one last question. What's the height of a Rebel GT? Not counting the antenna (if it has one)? I'm concerned about it fitting into my garage under the door when it's opened. Is the roof flat or is there something sticking up like a GPS shark fin? If it's not going to fit into my garage, that's a deal breaker.

Thanks!
It’s funny that you say it’s a deal breaker. I’m actually house hunting right now and if my truck doesn’t fit in the new garage, then that’s a deal breaker and not the house for me. 🤣

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It’s funny that you say it’s a deal breaker. I’m actually house hunting right now and if my truck doesn’t fit in the new garage, then that’s a deal breaker and not the house for me. 🤣
Funny but true... when we bought our current house, there were 3 left on the street... 1 garage under colonial with more SF cuz it had the family room above the garage, and 2 garage attached with 10' ceilings and 9' doors, but about 200 fewer SF... I couldn't get my truck into the garage under, so we went with a garage attached. but i hate my living room, but my sexy beast sleeps indoors and doesn't have to be scraped on cold winter mornings. Priorities. 😅

Ready Go

Reaction score
My NON-ORP Laramie G/T using a 4ft level on top of the GPS "Sharkfin" leveled to the ground measures exactly 80.00"
I assume an ORP Rebel "should" be ~81.00"
My garage door has 82.00" to the upper rubber weatherstripping and 83.50" if the whole upper stripping is removed.
FWIW, before the 2023 Laramie G/T, and now the 2024 Laramie G/T, I had a 2022 Rebel G/T and it did fit into my garage.
I try to not look up through the Panoramic Sunroof when pulling in/out though, 'cause dang, it looks close!

stevieb92

Reaction score
Interesting info. I have my Rebel GT home and it fits under my garage door with about 3-1/2 inches to spare to the weather stripping. That is the clearance at the shark fin. When the shark fin is at the weather stripping, the front and rear tires are at positions inside and outside the garage, so that is allowing it to fit with so much clearance at the shark fin.

Users who are viewing this thread