5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heater on passenger side not working.

TheMo

Reaction score
Hello friends! I'm Michael from Germany and I'm contacting you because no one can help me here. We bought a RAM from 2021 here in Germany, which was imported to Europe with previous damage (engine fire) and rebuilt here. Unfortunately, there is no warm air coming out of the dashboard on the passenger side. All motors and control flaps in the heating box work and can be moved to their end positions via computer. My guess is the following: When the car was rebuilt, a dual zone air conditioning system may have been installed/replaced, but the regulation/control in the dashboard is for a single air conditioning system. Is it possible that the control flap on the passenger side is not controlled via the CAN bus and opened for heating mode? What options for troubleshooting would be possible in this case? Thank you for your help in advance!

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum . Do you get any air out of the passenger side at all ?

TheMo

Reaction score
Yes, there is adjustable air. It just stays cold and the temperature cannot be increased on the passenger side. Except for this error, everything is controllable and works perfectly.

TheMo

Reaction score
The dual air conditioning system would have to have two separately controllable mixing flaps, of which, in my opinion, the one on the passenger side is not controlled by the single control in the dashboard. As already mentioned, however, all flaps and servomotors can be moved to their end positions using the diagnostic device. Warm air then comes briefly to the passenger side until the vehicle is turned off and restarted.

Fatherof3

Reaction score
So that fact that it works with the diagn device tells me there is no short or broken wire . Do you have the 8.4 inch radio or the 12 inch ?
If you have the 8.4 then you have the manual controls for the climate and if you have the 12 inch then the controls are in the radio .

TheMo

Reaction score
We have the 8,4 inch radio.

Attachments

• 29557CE8-F60F-4952-8724-F873EBC78D69.jpeg
    29557CE8-F60F-4952-8724-F873EBC78D69.jpeg
    138.7 KB · Views: 8

Fatherof3

Reaction score
This is just a guess but I think you’re having a problem with the controls themselves .

TheMo

Reaction score
The only question now would be which control exactly and what could be done to solve the problem.

TheMo

Reaction score
Would there be a way to connect the wiring of the blend flap motors from the driver's side and the passenger side so that both blend flaps drive at the same time and synchronously? So clamp the cables from the non-working side to the working driver's side.

TheMo

Reaction score
That would be enough for me, I don't necessarily need two zone control. The main thing is that warm air comes out of all openings.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The doors and motors are working and no heat, correct? If that is the case you could have a heater core issue, try to back flush the core with a hose.

TheMo

Reaction score
The heater only doesn't work on the passenger side. All functions are otherwise available.

TheMo

Reaction score
I assume that the blend flap on the passenger side is not controlled electronically.

Users who are viewing this thread