5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heated Seats

Ndparamedic

Reaction score
After reading through all of the information in here, i am now thoroughly confused. I recently bought a fairly bare-bones 2021 Warlock and wanted to add aftermarket heated seats. So i bought the following (aftermarket seat warmers and a switch assembly off of a 2016 Ram:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002U6IL9O/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_image_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My thought process was as follows.
If i added the factory switches that i got from ebay (they look like they will fit, not positive though) then i would be able to achieve a factory look. I see there is a connector under the seats and i was hoping this contained the wiring to go up to the switches and the Dorland seat heaters.
After reading about alfaobd, is this also something i am going to need to get to "activate" my new switch cluster?
Thought this would be simple, but after reading threads in here, im not so certain.
Thanks for the help!

JP_Night18

Reaction score
What are your thoughts on katzkin leather ? A lot more expensive but gives your entire interior a new look.

tim7139

Reaction score
It's my understanding you need the modules under the factory seat to use the factory switches, and you need to use Alpha ODB so the truck systems know the modules are present to send signals to or from.

There are other ram forums where guys can look at your underseat plugs and let you know if you need any wiring(and supply it and connectors), or you can look at previously posted pics in the 4th gen how to section to determine for yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread