5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heart Attack!?

Kicker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So for for the past 3 weeks if I exerted myself my right arm would start to hurt. Sometimes the elbow, sometimes above and sometimes the forearm, sit down and it goes away in 10 minutes. Then it it took longer to go away, felt like someone was stabbing my arm, the a dull uncomfortable felling across my chest, all would go away if I sat. Then it got so both would flare up just going up a flight of stairs. It then I said to myself that I was in trouble and I have a work convention to attend in Vegas and after that a week in Disney with the grandson so I figure it was time to have it checked out.

When to my PCP at Tufts and they promptly sent my to the ER down stairs and 6 hours later I am in a bed waiting to have a catheter inspection.
Next day they go in through my wrist and find one artery that goes down the front of the heart about 98% blocked and just before it about 70%. So they put two overlapping stints and I am good to go!
When they told me I had a heart attack I asked "When?", this has been going on for three weeks and I don't remember that event.
But I guess the enzymes in your blood tell them that it happened.
I liken it to an earthquake, there is the Cali breaks off and slides in the Pacific or the 10 mile deep one in NH that no one feels. They are both earthquakes but one is the BIG ONE and the other is not noticed.

Anyway, I am home and ready for Vegas 2 days after the procedure, amazing what they can do.
So I guess the jist of this story is don't ignore stuff like that because it could lead to the big one.
Oh, the Doc. told me no damage done.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So for for the past 3 weeks if I exerted myself my right arm would start to hurt. Sometimes the elbow, sometimes above and sometimes the forearm, sit down and it goes away in 10 minutes. Then it it took longer to go away, felt like someone was stabbing my arm, the a dull uncomfortable felling across my chest, all would go away if I sat. Then it got so both would flare up just going up a flight of stairs. It then I said to myself that I was in trouble and I have a work convention to attend in Vegas and after that a week in Disney with the grandson so I figure it was time to have it checked out.

When to my PCP at Tufts and they promptly sent my to the ER down stairs and 6 hours later I am in a bed waiting to have a catheter inspection.
Next day they go in through my wrist and find one artery that goes down the front of the heart about 98% blocked and just before it about 70%. So they put two overlapping stints and I am good to go!
When they told me I had a heart attack I asked "When?", this has been going on for three weeks and I don't remember that event.
But I guess the enzymes in your blood tell them that it happened.
I liken it to an earthquake, there is the Cali breaks off and slides in the Pacific or the 10 mile deep one in NH that no one feels. They are both earthquakes but one is the BIG ONE and the other is not noticed.

Anyway, I am home and ready for Vegas 2 days after the procedure, amazing what they can do.
So I guess the jist of this story is don't ignore stuff like that because it could lead to the big one.
Oh, the Doc. told me no damage done.

Glad that you came through it alright.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Happy to hear it worked out good for you. Many don't have the minor symptoms, it's just bam! Rest up, relax, eat clean!

Users who are viewing this thread