5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headroom with Pano Sunroof

El_Draque

Reaction score
Hello, quick question. How is the head room in the 5th gens with the Pano sunroof? I am 6'6 and so I never get sunroofs as they absolutely kill the headroom, but some of these newer full cabin style sunroofs dont eat out the headroom as bad as older styles. So does anyone who is 6'3 or taller have any headroom issues?

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just miss your cutoff (I'm 6'2") but I have plenty of room when I drive my dad's Limited.

I don't have the seat all the way up but it's nowhere close to the bottom when I drive. I have it adjusted so that my head is probably 2" from the headliner.

Stop by a dealership and sit in one to see how it goes. I don't know about the Tradesman but anything Big Horn or nicer will have a power driver's seat that you can adjust up and down.

Daverous

Reaction score
6' 4" and tons of room. Maybe not so much if I rode with the seat in the highest position but what would be the point of that?

ElkoNV

My dog thinks I’m cool.
Reaction score
6-1 but a 29" inseam. Skipped the sunroof.

dannymcd

Reaction score
Hello, quick question. How is the head room in the 5th gens with the Pano sunroof? I am 6'6 and so I never get sunroofs as they absolutely kill the headroom, but some of these newer full cabin style sunroofs dont eat out the headroom as bad as older styles. So does anyone who is 6'3 or taller have any headroom issues?
My friend is 6'10" and doesn't have a problem in my truck, the adjustable pedals, telescopic steering wheel, and adjustable seat also help. He also owns a current body style WRX so he's already used to sitting in a reclined position, if your preferred seating position is that of a 5' tall person who likes to give the steering wheel hugs than you might have an issue. Also, I have the 6 seater options with the pano roof and sitting in the middle seat his head is outside. next time he's over I'll get a picture of it because it's hilarious.

MAXGroup

Reaction score
I'm 6'4" and have a 6'6" friend that I made sit in the seat behind me to show him how much room my TRX has. No clearance issues for both of us, head or leg wise!!!

Jlr6986

Reaction score
I'm 5'5 and can almost stand up completely....I know that doesn't help, but worst case scenario, just open the sunroof and drive it like Ace Ventura. By the way, mine is not a sunroof, it is a gunner's hatch like our humvees have. Just haven't found the part from Mopar to mount a 240B machine gun 😉

Users who are viewing this thread