5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headlights

RebeliousRam

Reaction score
Is it me or are the stock RAM Led on the Rebels/1500s on the dimmer side compared to other makes and model trucks/car equipped with factory LED headlights?

My service vehicles have brighter LEDs including my wifes Toyota Camry. I noticed as both of our vehicles were backed in on the driveway and the headlights illuminated the street.

I’m just curios if anybody else has noticed, maybe down the road a headlight upgrade will have to be made. Hopefully its not my eyes going to crap on me haha.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Is it me or are the stock RAM Led on the Rebels/1500s on the dimmer side compared to other makes and model trucks/car equipped with factory LED headlights?

My service vehicles have brighter LEDs including my wifes Toyota Camry. I noticed as both of our vehicles were backed in on the driveway and the headlights illuminated the street.

I’m just curios if anybody else has noticed, maybe down the road a headlight upgrade will have to be made. Hopefully its not my eyes going to crap on me haha.
It's you. 😂

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I've owned Ram trucks with halogen reflectors (2015 Tradesman), halogen projectors (2017 Rebel), LED reflectors (2020 Laramie), and now adaptive LED projectors (2021 Limited). The LED reflectors were a big improvement over anything 4th gens came with, but I still wouldn't rate them any higher than adequate. They are better than average when using low beams. The issue I had with them is they didn't reach far enough out on high beam. JMO. The adaptive LED projectors are some of the best headlights I've used. Since I do the majority of my driving on dark empty county roads, It was worth getting a Limited just for the headlights. It's nice to be able to spot deer crossing the road while I'm still far enough away to avoid them.

bpwj76

Reaction score
The brightness on my reflector LED's seems to be ok. The problem I had when I purchased my truck was that they were not aimed properly. They were way too far down. I did the whole measure from the ground to the center point of the light housing and back up 25 feet from a wall, etc... The top cut-off was about 4 inches below where it should have been.

I say all that to suggest to the OP that you might see if your headlights are aimed properly.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
I've owned Ram trucks with halogen reflectors (2015 Tradesman), halogen projectors (2017 Rebel), LED reflectors (2020 Laramie), and now adaptive LED projectors (2021 Limited). The LED reflectors were a big improvement over anything 4th gens came with, but I still wouldn't rate them any higher than adequate. They are better than average when using low beams. The issue I had with them is they didn't reach far enough out on high beam. JMO. The adaptive LED projectors are some of the best headlights I've used. Since I do the majority of my driving on dark empty county roads, It was worth getting a Limited just for the headlights. It's nice to be able to spot deer crossing the road while I'm still far enough away to avoid them.
I second this motion on part of the reason for going with the Limited for the headlights and for the same reason-DEER, DEER, DEER!! Also Adaptive Cruise Control which I will never go without again either......

Users who are viewing this thread