5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headlight Revolution V.4 LED low/hi/fog Upgrade for <$200?

TXSportDiver

Reaction score
My F2 LEDs (2X H11 and 1X 9005) arrived from China/AliExpress this weekend (I ordered on 11/13, they arrived on 11/30). The LEDs and their drivers seem well constructed. The packaging is sturdy and protected the units well. Included in the package is a manual and hex wrench to tighten the rotating, "clockable" base, if needed.

As far as their performance... a funny thing happened before I could test them in my 2019 Lone Star...I traded it in this Black Friday weekend for a 2019 Laramie with the LEDs, Leather and UConnect 12 during Employee Pricing Plus (additional rebates). So, I can't test the bulbs in my truck. However, the bulbs match my wife's 2018 Suburban LT with projector for low beams and reflectors for High and Fog. I'll post some before after shots once I drop them in.

Bonus Content: If you're shopping for a new truck, I can't say enough good things about Tempe Ram in Arizona. I discovered them through an Auto Trader search. Right off the bat, their site says they don't do dealer add-ons. So, they don't bake in profit for themselves and make you haggle value-added items (rip-offs) like many dealers do. In my case, for the specs I was looking for, they literally had the best prices in the country. We cobbled together a deal, including trade-in pricing, over the phone...and then I drove there from San Antonio, TX (941 miles, one-way), traded in my Lone Star and left with the Laramie. They didn't play games with the pricing and they stood by our deal. Great folks!

Attachments

• F2 LEDs.jpg
    F2 LEDs.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 67
  • F2 LED Detail.jpg
    F2 LED Detail.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 66

Iabowhntr

Reaction score
DO NOT PUT HID OR LED BULBS IN A REFLECTOR HOUSING. Do a proper retrofit for either hid or led, or do what im gonna be doing and purchase the oem led headlights that come on higher trim models and replace your reflector housings.
So much wrong here .. if your blinded by LED bulbs it’s because they’re installed wrong .. the LED bulbs I installed had to be installed a certain way .. they have EXACTLY the same light pattern “reflection” the halogens has only 10 times brighter ... almost all LED bulbs I researched specifically said not to use in projector headlights because they will get hot and burn up ...

TXSportDiver

Reaction score
I finally had a chance to install the lights in my wife's 2018 Suburban. I'm very pleased with the results. Please note, the Suburban comes with halogen projector lamps for the low beams. So, this isn't a direct comparison to the reflector low beams of Ram Bighorns/Lone Stars.

With the preamble in mind, here are some side by side pics of the halogen and F2 H11 LEDs. To me, it looks like the LED cutoff pattern is even more precise.

Because of time constraints and installation difficulty factors (like 10 screws and much knuckle busting to get to the high beams), I don't have a side by side for the high beams. But, the results are similarly impressive.

Update: I'm not sure why my files didn't attach originally. Here they are:

Attachments

• F2 Install1.jpg
    F2 Install1.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 90
  • F2 Install2.jpg
    F2 Install2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 92
  • F2 Install3.jpg
    F2 Install3.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 91
  • F2 Install4.jpg
    F2 Install4.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 86

matheusoleiro

Reaction score
Def more than I wanted to spend. I wish I found a used set of headlights, but they really aren't out there. One I found the guy wanted more than I paid for a new set. Ram seems to put all the led groups on non sport package trucks, which was a must for me. All in with tails i spent about 1500. Sucks, but in the end, i am pretty happy with how it sits now, and when I trade the truck in, I will be able to resell the LEDs and hopefully recoup atleast a grand back.

Where did you get everything for 1500? Can you share the link?

jorgegg

Reaction score

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
My F2 LEDs (2X H11 and 1X 9005) arrived from China/AliExpress this weekend (I ordered on 11/13, they arrived on 11/30). The LEDs and their drivers seem well constructed. The packaging is sturdy and protected the units well. Included in the package is a manual and hex wrench to tighten the rotating, "clockable" base, if needed.

As far as their performance... a funny thing happened before I could test them in my 2019 Lone Star...I traded it in this Black Friday weekend for a 2019 Laramie with the LEDs, Leather and UConnect 12 during Employee Pricing Plus (additional rebates). So, I can't test the bulbs in my truck. However, the bulbs match my wife's 2018 Suburban LT with projector for low beams and reflectors for High and Fog. I'll post some before after shots once I drop them in.

Bonus Content: If you're shopping for a new truck, I can't say enough good things about Tempe Ram in Arizona. I discovered them through an Auto Trader search. Right off the bat, their site says they don't do dealer add-ons. So, they don't bake in profit for themselves and make you haggle value-added items (rip-offs) like many dealers do. In my case, for the specs I was looking for, they literally had the best prices in the country. We cobbled together a deal, including trade-in pricing, over the phone...and then I drove there from San Antonio, TX (941 miles, one-way), traded in my Lone Star and left with the Laramie. They didn't play games with the pricing and they stood by our deal. Great folks!

Dude! Tempe RAM has the worst prices in AZ. I live 2 miles from that dealership and i was there for 2 whole days trying to get a good deal. Perfect credit and i was ready to buy! After two frigging days of negotiation, i gave up and went to Chapman Ram in Scottsdale, AZ. They gave me an awesome deal within an hour of me walking into the dealership(I never said i came from another dealership).
After getting my truck from Chapman Ram my brother was looking for a truck too and that's when we found Bill Luke CDJR out in Phoenix... MAN OH MAN! these guys aren't playing.. My brother got a 2019 Ram Warlock with MSRP of $31,000 for only $206 a month (Lease) with $1200 down. Tempe Ram laughed in my face when i said that my brother is looking for a Warlock for less than $400 a month.

Side note:
I do service my truck at Tempe Ram and the service team there is great, I'm very happy with them. Shout out to Tim and Sam for the great service!

TXSportDiver

Reaction score
Dude! Tempe RAM has the worst prices in AZ. I live 2 miles from that dealership and i was there for 2 whole days trying to get a good deal. Perfect credit and i was ready to buy! After two frigging days of negotiation, i gave up and went to Chapman Ram in Scottsdale, AZ. They gave me an awesome deal within an hour of me walking into the dealership(I never said i came from another dealership).
After getting my truck from Chapman Ram my brother was looking for a truck too and that's when we found Bill Luke CDJR out in Phoenix... MAN OH MAN! these guys aren't playing.. My brother got a 2019 Ram Warlock with MSRP of $31,000 for only $206 a month (Lease) with $1200 down. Tempe Ram laughed in my face when i said that my brother is looking for a Warlock for less than $400 a month.

Side note:
I do service my truck at Tempe Ram and the service team there is great, I'm very happy with them. Shout out to Tim and Sam for the great service!
Sorry to be late to the party. I'm sure my "deal" with Tempe had a lot to do with that I was buying a 4X2 truck (not so popular in AZ), late in the year. But, at that point they literally had the best price I could find anywhere...and they did a great job.

Ironically, this spring we bought an RV and, while the 1500 Laramie would tow it, I had some concerns about payload/tongue weight. So, I decided I'd rather have a 2500. Naturally, I looked at Tempe Ram...and they did not have what I was looking for at a price I wanted. But, kinda like the 4X2, I'm the oddball who wants a gasser 2500 instead of the $9,100-sticker-option diesel Cummins. So, I drove from San Antonio to Columbus, Ohio this weekend and bought a 2019 Ram 2500 Mega Cab 4X4 Limited for $19,000 (26%) off sticker from Performance CJDR. They were also great to deal with. (No, the sandals don't get me many dates...and they aren't for sale).:)

Attachments

• Ram 2500.jpg
    Ram 2500.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 33

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to be late to the party. I'm sure my "deal" with Tempe had a lot to do with that I was buying a 4X2 truck (not so popular in AZ), late in the year. But, at that point they literally had the best price I could find anywhere...and they did a great job.

Ironically, this spring we bought an RV and, while the 1500 Laramie would tow it, I had some concerns about payload/tongue weight. So, I decided I'd rather have a 2500. Naturally, I looked at Tempe Ram...and they did not have what I was looking for at a price I wanted. But, kinda like the 4X2, I'm the oddball who wants a gasser 2500 instead of the $9,100-sticker-option diesel Cummins. So, I drove from San Antonio to Columbus, Ohio this weekend and bought a 2019 Ram 2500 Mega Cab 4X4 Limited for $19,000 (26%) off sticker from Performance CJDR. They were also great to deal with. (No, the sandals don't get me many dates...and they aren't for sale).:)
WOW, The deal on the 2500 is really great! I'm glad you're happy with your trucks and keep upgrading! Congrats on your new ride man!

(No, the sandals don't get me many dates...and they aren't for sale).:)
Hahahahaha that was hilarious! :D

Users who are viewing this thread