5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headlight Adjustment

luckydog125

Reaction score
I have installed a 2" leveling kit and some larger tires but failed to adjust the headlights accordingly. Is there an easy way to adjust these or does that have to be done at the dealer?

RBRK

Reaction score
I have installed a 2" leveling kit and some larger tires but failed to adjust the headlights accordingly. Is there an easy way to adjust these or does that have to be done at the dealer?
Pull up to a closed garage door or wall, open the hood and turn the adjuster screw so it drops the beam 1-2”.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I forgot to adjust my headlights after I installed my leveling kit. I haven't been flashed by anyone yet, so maybe they aren't too bad. I'll have to have someone drive at me and tell me if they are too bright.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I forgot to adjust my headlights after I installed my leveling kit. I haven't been flashed by anyone yet, so maybe they aren't too bad. I'll have to have someone drive at me and tell me if they are too bright.
Now I know who it was in the oncoming lane just outside of Post Falls the other night :ROFLMAO:

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I remember the day after i put leveling kit on, i forget to readjust the headlight and i feel bad for whoever stop in front of me at red light.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the actual procedure is but what I used for my last truck:

1. Find a flat surface (e.g. parking lot) with a large flat wall.
2. Drive straight at the wall and stop about 3' short of the wall.
3. Mark the center of each beam with some painter's tape.
4. Back straight away from the wall until the truck is 50' from the wall.
5. Adjust headlights to that the center of each beam is 2-4" below the tape marking.

It's not an exact science but is easy enough to do yourself and will get you in the ballpark.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the actual procedure is but what I used for my last truck:

1. Find a flat surface (e.g. parking lot) with a large flat wall.
2. Drive straight at the wall and stop about 3' short of the wall.
3. Mark the center of each beam with some painter's tape.
4. Back straight away from the wall until the truck is 50' from the wall.
5. Adjust headlights to that the center of each beam is 2-4" below the tape marking.

It's not an exact science but is easy enough to do yourself and will get you in the ballpark.
I'm not sure I could even find a wall with 50' of flat terrain in front of it where I live :ROFLMAO: Everything is on a hill here.

Users who are viewing this thread