5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Header Issues

Saabflyer89

Reaction score
Good Afternoon all,

About 2 Months ago I installed American Racing Long Tube Headers with their High-Flow cats. I got my first P0420 code about 2 weeks later and ended up installing some O2 spacers which seemed to help. I still get a CEL from time to time and just erase the codes. Today I got a new code to go along with my "low Cat efficiency" left and right bank codes. The new code is P219 which is a Air-Fuel imbalance, I have this code for both banks along with P0420 for both banks. My question is this,... is the P219 being triggered by the P0420 and if so, why? Is it because the ECU sees a low efficiency and as such is trying to lean out one side or the other too much? Lastly I have not gotten a tune as of yet. I'm a little hesitant to do so due to warranty complications and being my 2022 1500 Laramie only has 6650 miles thus far I'm unsure if I really want to go down that rabbit hole. Will driving the truck with a Stock ECU and these LT headers and a Vararam intake lead to engine damage or otherwise adversely effect the longevity of engine? I run Amsoil XD and a Wix Filter as well. Thanks again for any help or insight on this.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Any reason you got LTs and not a tune? Not really a benefit, performance-wise, to open up the back end without enabling the system to capitalize on that additional flow. I would expect codes to potentially continue until/unless you at least get a canned tune installed.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah I think with the long tubes you are going to get codes unless you do a tune… I have ARH longtubes as well

Users who are viewing this thread