5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone taken the electric motor generator unit off/apart?

RedRebel2019

Reaction score
Long story short I buried my 2019 Rebel in mud and water (typical rebel owner).
Got the truck out and the ETorque was making a whine. I took it to get inspected and the tech said I needed a new generator unit.

Before I blow $1500 dollars on a new one. I was wondering if anyone has tried to take it apart before?
I want to see if I can clean it out or replace a smaller part before I buy a whole new unit.

Also, they said it wasn't covered by the bumper to bumper warranty due to outside forces acting upon the motor to make it break.

I've looked up the fine print and didn't really see that terminology. Unless, they consider it neglect or abuse.

Do I have a claim to get it fixed under warranty?

Wildlash

Reaction score
As I know this is not a warranty case. You buried in mud and that's why the generator broke so it is your fault. But you still can try to talk to the dealer because a lot of times they make an exception for their clients. If they refuse, try to take the old part to a good electrician like the ones from bates-electric.com maybe they can repair some smaller parts and make everything work just fine. I remember my generator broke I replaced just a small part for 150$ and it is still working nowadays.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread