5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone swapped out the Bighorn gear selector for the Limited one?

Cravenfan

Reaction score
Neat...the big question is that do you put it on so it is level in P, or level in D?

NewToRAM

Reaction score
I'd like to trade them both for a mechanical shifter lever like most\all of the competition uses. I don't find the rotary knob to be very truck-like or manly. Seems very Asian SUV like to me and I've been slow to adapt to this setup catching myself reaching for the big round radio knob or vice versa. Wonder who dreamed up this layout?

JTMachineDesign

Reaction score
Love the black one...but $75...ack.
ya pricey. I'll just make one like it. <Have CNC, and know how to use it> :)

Actually, I've always been a big fan of the original 5-spoke mag wheel look from the 60s Maybe I'll go for that look. Too bad I've not found some 18s to replace the stock wheels on my truck..

Last edited:

ryant601

Reaction score
I'd like to trade them both for a mechanical shifter lever like most\all of the competition uses. I don't find the rotary knob to be very truck-like or manly. Seems very Asian SUV like to me and I've been slow to adapt to this setup catching myself reaching for the big round radio knob or vice versa. Wonder who dreamed up this layout?

Seems to be the way things are going, the new GT500 has a rotary shifter just like the Ford Fusion lol. It's awful.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All new car now either rotary or push button shifter just like when we all switching from non-touch flip phones to all touch screen and iPhone from TouchID to FaceUnlock (no i'm not using iPhone). We all just need to get use to all the changed and thing will change around us.

PDF84

Reaction score
I swapped out my limited one for this from AJT designs.
80eecdaf8f0339d16c5de6d0c4e22763.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The dial doesn't really bother me. It's an automatic transmission so you are shifting any more then to put it in D,R, and P. Now the bottons that are lot of cars are now coming with I don't care for, take up more space and you have 4 bottons to go bad instead of one.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread