5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone solved the vibration issue of early 5th gens?

dyeguy1212

Reaction score
I've had a 2020 rebel, 21 Laramie, 23 big horn back country, and now I own a 21 big horn.

Never had a vibration issue on any of the trucks until I bought this 21. Start to see it at 45mph, calms down at 60, then picks back up bad north of 75 mph. On a super smooth road, the shake at 45 mph is comical. Steering wheel doesn't shake, it feels like rear end.

Specs: 2021 Big horn 5.7 etorque 4x4 No ORP, crew cab short bed. 18k miles. 20" night edition wheels

• Truck had a slight wobble (feel it in the seat, floor) with the stock tires.
  • Had them road force balanced, no change.
  • Bought new cooper road & trail (stock size), no change.
  • Had them roadforce balanced again, no change.
  • Took the truck in and had them align it and inspect front and rear suspension - no issues found
  • Bought a like-new set of night edition rims, had the coopers warrantied and put on new rims -- So brand new tires and a "new" (used) set of rims - STILL VIBRATING

At this point, I can say it's not the rims and tires. Allegedly front and rear susp are clean, according to dealer...

Multiple huge threads on this issue, some claim it's the active dampers. MDS on/off doesn't make a difference for me.

Has anyone solved this issue? I've loved my Rams, but holy **** do I hate this truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back