5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone purchased in Florida within the past 60 days (reb 12 5.7)? Trying to feel the market out

Reaction score
Hello!

After spending about 6 months deciding on a vehicle, I finally settled on the Rebel. Fell in love with the extra bells and whistles of the 12" and am ready to buy. I am in South Florida but would be willing to travel all over the state to pick up if need be (obviously would rather stay down south, but for a stellar deal would drive a few hours to pick up).

In my area most of the 12"s are going from 50-60.

I want to pay low 40s.

735 credit score.

I have a used vehicle that I owe 12k on and is carmax/carvana appraised at 24/25k.

So my question is:
1. Is it realistic to think that I can get in at the mid to low 40s?
2. With our current climate, is trading in a viable option (something every car video from pre-pandemic said not to do) or will the dealer just make the price come out in the wash anyways
3. Does the trim package with 12" and the toggle directly under the screen for front/rear parking also come with bed release by default? Or is that just a default feature on all Rebels?

Thanks for the help guys, can't wait to join you soon!

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In North Florida, Jax CJD and Murray usually have the best prices and inventory. I have personally bought several vehicles (including my Ram) from Jax CJD....be aware though that they will give you a good price on the vehicle you are buying and will offer you next to nothing for your trade.

Reaction score
In North Florida, Jax CJD and Murray usually have the best prices and inventory. I have personally bought several vehicles (including my Ram) from Jax CJD....be aware though that they will give you a good price on the vehicle you are buying and will offer you next to nothing for your trade.

if you don't mind my asking, what'd you pay and what was MSRP?

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
if you don't mind my asking, what'd you pay and what was MSRP?
MSRP was $55,530. I paid $43,500 after dealer and FCA incentives. That was back in September 2018, so I'm not sure how applicable that price is to today...but it at least gives you an idea. I have read all kinds of posts about what people paid; I think the general consensus is that around 20% off MSRP is a good target.

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
Just for clarification, you want to pay low 40's after the positive equity from your trade is applied? Or that's where you want to be with dealer discounts and incentives?
Koons Dodge Jeep Ram near me has them marked $10k off MSRP for the options and trim you want ($66k msrp marked down to $56k). I feel like that is pretty realistic. The cheapest one they had was $66k msrp. I know that isn't Florida, but it's a starting point. And if you can't get dealers down there to match those discounts, you could always make a road trip. I have seen lots of people on these forums buy from Koons from out of state (especially the hellcat forums).

For your current car, everything I am seeing right now says the used car market is booming. Obviously, if you could sell outright yourself, that would be the way to go. But if you don't want to deal with the hassle and time, carvanna or carmax are very good options. You won't have to deal with a dealership screwing with your new vehicle price or trying to make up for the trade other ways.

Downytide

Reaction score
Sell the car to carmax/carvana , those guys tend to give best trade in value.

A lot of incentives are gone now vs pre pandemic, but 0% for 84 months seems to be very easily qualified, contact dealers and check their inventory for matching trucks and let them shoot you offers.

Justbry

Reaction score
I wish you luck with what you are trying to accomplish, dealers have little inventory and are not under the gun to hit an objective with FCA. The big discounts you have seen were pre pandemic and until vehicles start building up on dealer lots they have no reason to give big discounts other than the ones from FCA.

Users who are viewing this thread