5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone here actually installed the Surround View Trailer Cameras?

bucolic

Reaction score
Has anyone here actually installed the trailer surround view system. My truck came with it and I opened the box and immediately closed it and put it in the cabinet :) It looks like an absolute bear to install and there would be wires everywhere on the camper. Also, appears like a lot of holes to punch in your camper.

I searched here and on youtube and couldn't find anything showing one hooked up, how they did it, and what it looks like on the screen.

If anyone has installed it was it worth it? Thanks!

wsutard1

Reaction score
Has anyone here actually installed the trailer surround view system. My truck came with it and I opened the box and immediately closed it and put it in the cabinet :) It looks like an absolute bear to install and there would be wires everywhere on the camper. Also, appears like a lot of holes to punch in your camper.

I searched here and on youtube and couldn't find anything showing one hooked up, how they did it, and what it looks like on the screen.

I’ll buy it if you want to sell it.

bucolic

Reaction score
I wonder if you can just install 1 camera in the system? A rear-facing camera displaying right on the screen would be nice VS an aftermarket rear view camera that has another screen you have to mount.

Risar

Reaction score
Can anyone take a picture of the kit and/or part number? RAM chat and the local dealer seem convinced that there is no such "kit" and that the unavailable single camera (p/n 82216068AD) is the only option. This is headache inducing considering my uconnect shows optional views for 4 cameras on a trailer.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if you can just install 1 camera in the system? A rear-facing camera displaying right on the screen would be nice VS an aftermarket rear view camera that has another screen you have to mount.
This is a problem I'm hoping to solve sometime this year. I really like being able to pull up my reverse camera on the UConnect screen while I'm towing. Would be nice to do the same behind the camper.

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the full kit for a future trailer but for now it’s all in a big box -

Attachments

• 55567DDA-A885-43CA-B481-56DA55E941F5.jpeg
    55567DDA-A885-43CA-B481-56DA55E941F5.jpeg
    108.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 985FA92B-8CAE-4F37-AF43-FD5367D84933.jpeg
    985FA92B-8CAE-4F37-AF43-FD5367D84933.jpeg
    176.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 54370870-C15A-482E-B7CE-5D178A9C0607.jpeg
    54370870-C15A-482E-B7CE-5D178A9C0607.jpeg
    99.8 KB · Views: 57
  • CBD216F1-291E-4EB3-86F4-CA06DD7FB180.jpeg
    CBD216F1-291E-4EB3-86F4-CA06DD7FB180.jpeg
    181.7 KB · Views: 61

mhagerud

Reaction score

Ping me if anyone has installed the system.

mhagerud

Reaction score
This is a problem I'm hoping to solve sometime this year. I really like being able to pull up my reverse camera on the UConnect screen while I'm towing. Would be nice to do the same behind the camper.
I'm trying to see if the 5 ft height requirement is a must do on the camera install. Was planning on using this system with my 22' NauticStar trailer. Anyone?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Both the trailer camera surround kits and Tow mode camera (digital rearview) sell quickly on HDRams.com

If you do, please use the Buy/sell/trade forum.

o4major97

Reaction score

i installed just one of the four cameras. ran the wiring through slits in the rv frame. wasn’t bad. works great

Steven666

Reaction score

I have the same issue

Steven666

Reaction score
Can anyone take a picture of the kit and/or part number? RAM chat and the local dealer seem convinced that there is no such "kit" and that the unavailable single camera (p/n 82216068AD) is the only option. This is headache inducing considering my uconnect shows optional views for 4 cameras on a trailer.
Part number on my box was 82216421AB-001. 4 cameras, colour coded wires, brain box and a plug from the box to 12 pin below the bumper. Couldn’t get it to work.

Steven666

Reaction score
Hey AV8OR, is it possible to send me a scan of the Trailer Surround Camera install instruction. I seem to have lost or misplaced my set. Would appreciate it as I’m having issues with my install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online