5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone gone to Banff camping?

MileHi Guy

Reaction score
I'm thinking about planning a trip to Banff or somewhere in Canada for next Spring, towing a 30 foot travel trailer behind my Ram. From Denver. Has anyone done something similar? Any advice?

LHarv

Reaction score
Banff is beautiful, but if you really want breath taking camping and views, go a little further north to Jasper. Stay at the Whistlers campground in Jasper. Over 700 sites, brand new campground after being closed for 2 years. I would recommend a shorter stay in Banff and then take the parkway to Jasper, there is nothing else like it.

Last edited:

jarnold60

Reaction score
I regularly stay in Jasper and Banff as I live 4 hours from Jasper. Both are beautiful. Banff is busier and more commercial but lots of sights to see. Amazing drive to Jasper through the icefields parkway. Jasper is less developed, more sights to see. Whistlers campground has been redone due to the majority of the trees ( pine) being killed by Mountain Pine Beetle, so its a quite open compared to what it used to be. Both sites have Elk wandering through the campsites . In the Fall you can enjoy a beverage in your campsite while a huge bull Elk chases a number of younger bulls away, just feet away from you. Quite amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread