5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harmon Kardon Driver Upgrade: Infinity REF-3032cfx for R&L Dash-- fit for rear headliner spots too?

Hunoval

Reaction score
Am replacing some of the drivers in my 2022 Ram Rebel Crew Cab w/ the HK system. Most on the forums seem to favor the Infinity REF-3032cfz series for replacement drivers for front L&R dash speakers. Yet Crutchfield's build sheet indicates that the Infinity REF-3032cfz will NOT fit in the rear headliner spots. Here's the rub / what I don't understand: Crutchfield's build sheet indicates that the Kenwood Excelon KFC-X3C will fit in both front dash L&R (like the Infinity) AND the rear headliner spots... but the size / profile of each seems to be near-identical (as does the impedance ratings for each). I ordered 4x of the Kenwoods (not yet installed) but am having 2nd thoughts. Anyone know whether the Infinitys will work for the rear headliner or why Crutchfield's build sheet indicates they won't?

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Am replacing some of the drivers in my 2022 Ram Rebel Crew Cab w/ the HK system. Most on the forums seem to favor the Infinity REF-3032cfz series for replacement drivers for front L&R dash speakers. Yet Crutchfield's build sheet indicates that the Infinity REF-3032cfz will NOT fit in the rear headliner spots. Here's the rub / what I don't understand: Crutchfield's build sheet indicates that the Kenwood Excelon KFC-X3C will fit in both front dash L&R (like the Infinity) AND the rear headliner spots... but the size / profile of each seems to be near-identical (as does the impedance ratings for each). I ordered 4x of the Kenwoods (not yet installed) but am having 2nd thoughts. Anyone know whether the Infinitys will work for the rear headliner or why Crutchfield's build sheet indicates they won't?
They do work in the rear headliner for sure. But the tabs to mount the speakers don’t line up perfectly so that may be why Crutchfield say they don’t work

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
even "Cruthfield" and other install sites recommend not to bother installing roof speakers.leave them just the way they are.its just rear fill and you will not hear them anyway

Users who are viewing this thread