5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grinding noise at initial take off that goes away.

Big J

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn/Lonestar Crew 4x2 with a 5.7 Hemi that powers a 8HP75 transmission which turns a 3:21 anti-spin rear differential. With 15,000 miles on my truck I've noticed a rub/grind noise at initial take off that is worse if I'm turning but goes away immediately as I move on. Does anyone have any idea what this might be? I assume it may be a rear end issue, wheel bearing issue or carrier bearing issue but do not know how to figure out which one of these possible conditions it may be, what do you suggest? 2021 Ram 1500.jpg .

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn/Lonestar Crew 4x2 with a 5.7 Hemi that powers a 8HP75 transmission which turns a 3:21 anti-spin rear differential. With 15,000 miles on my truck I've noticed a rub/grind noise at initial take off that is worse if I'm turning but goes away immediately as I move on. Does anyone have any idea what this might be? I assume it may be a rear end issue, wheel bearing issue or carrier bearing issue but do not know how to figure out which one of these possible conditions it may be, what do you suggest? View attachment 124285 .
Nice ride!

Big J

Reaction score
Took it into the dealer and after a couple hours they had it fixed. I never would have figured this one out on my own but after their resourced research the fix was to reprogram the power steering module. Truck works fine now with no noise at all, a big thanks to Ultimate Dodge in Mountain Home Arkansas.

RayRedRam

Reaction score
Took it into the dealer and after a couple hours they had it fixed. I never would have figured this one out on my own but after their resourced research the fix was to reprogram the power steering module. Truck works fine now with no noise at all, a big thanks to Ultimate Dodge in Mountain Home Arkansas.
Did it almost sound like a wheel bearing grinding or brake pad dragging?

montyh

Reaction score
My 2021 ram bighorn 4x4 hemi does this **** too. Plus its whistling around the passenger post windshield area at speeds of 64 or higher like a tea pot inside the cab. The driver door sounds like there isn't a door seal at all. Biggest pile of junk I've bought hands down. I seriously should've fixed my 2003 f150 4x4 5.4, rear end, breaks, and exhaust manifold, ran that for another 5 years or more 😢

U

User_3336

My 2021 ram bighorn 4x4 hemi does this **** too. Plus its whistling around the passenger post windshield area at speeds of 64 or higher like a tea pot inside the cab. The driver door sounds like there isn't a door seal at all. Biggest pile of junk I've bought hands down. I seriously should've fixed my 2003 f150 4x4 5.4, rear end, breaks, and exhaust manifold, ran that for another 5 years or more 😢
Trade it if you're so unhappy. All you've talked about in your posts are how ram's are garbage, and Ford's are better. why are you still here? LOL

montyh

Reaction score
Trade it if you're so unhappy. All you've talked about in your posts are how ram's are garbage, and Ford's are better. why are you still here? LOL
Because I'm not taking a $10,000 hit, bad resale value on Mopar. The new tinfoil addition steal needs some plastic bumpers like a kids bowling alley if someone puts a door into the side of these new vehicles it looks really bad. Even my 03 ford has protection on the doors and front quarters, like plastic flares. Haven't these companies learned anything in the last 40 years?

Users who are viewing this thread