5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GPS Detroit

Chuckdeeze

Reaction score
My truck thinks it’s in Detroit when connected via Apple CarPlay . I live in California. If I use maps or Waze - it has me driving down the street in Detroit. If I try to use GPS time it sets my clock 3 hours ahead to Detroit time zone. I called the dealership and they said they’ve never heard “that one” before . I can’t be the only one with this problem..

Mason1217

Reaction score
Mine does this too, but I live in metro Detroit :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: but that is rather odd, it’s like when I google a pizza place near me and it shows pizza places in California lol. I wonder if there is a way to recalibrate the compass in the truck and if it were to be corrected if it would affect GPS?? Used to be set it up somehow, find open area, drive in circles or something.

Chuckdeeze

Reaction score
Mine does this too, but I live in metro Detroit :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: but that is rather odd, it’s like when I google a pizza place near me and it shows pizza places in California lol. I wonder if there is a way to recalibrate the compass in the truck and if it were to be corrected if it would affect GPS?? Used to be set it up somehow, find open area, drive in circles or something.
What crazy is the Dealership says it has no record of this problem- but another dealership ( one I didn’t get the car from) says they see a note in the computer that’s mentions the problem..

Newguy

Reaction score
What crazy is the Dealership says it has no record of this problem- but another dealership ( one I didn’t get the car from) says they see a note in the computer that’s mentions the problem..
I had a similar issue that happened one day. Dealer couldn't fix it, but what did is disconnecting the battery for about an hour. My location and compass were then reading accurately. Hope this helps.

Chuckdeeze

Reaction score
I had a similar issue that happened one day. Dealer couldn't fix it, but what did is disconnecting the battery for about an hour. My location and compass were then reading accurately. Hope this helps.
Thanks I will try that!

Chuckdeeze

Reaction score
Thanks - gonna try disconnecting battery

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had this when I was in a loaner car. I had to just let it drive for a while and eventually it adjusted to where it was supposed to be. Took 20 mins of driving though.

malgen

Reaction score
Did it fix the issue for you?
I did the battery trick. Disconnected the battery for 30 min. Solved the issue of making the gps think it was in detroit and no gps signal. now it works all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread