5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got rid of my paper tags yesterday.

Congrats! LOL...Here we don't drive with temp plates, we get to drive around with a piece of paper taped inside the rear window. And then pray that the tape won't pull off any of the defroster grid when it's removed (which has happened to me). I just got my metal plates last Friday. Kind of drives home the fact that I have a new truck LOL.

After six weeks, which is about the norm, I received my metal plates yesterday. Just me, but I don’t like to drive with paper temporary plates.
You're not alone. I hate driving with the tags that tells people (I can afford/I'm stupid because I bought a new car) or (I'm new, please scratch me). It's just a thing, but totally agree. That said, nothing beats the smell of a new car!

They transferred my old plate over when I purchased. I thought in PA they gave an option for a new plate or transfer, but apparently not. Looking to get a specialty plate in the next year.

Hoping to transfer over my vanity specialty plate from my Porsche Cayenne when the new Rebel finally arrives.

Ny dealers put metal plates on new vehicles

I’m not trying to hijack or incite an argument here, but Pennsylvania plates are so unoriginal and not creative at all. It has the same damn color scheme for almost all the specialty plates. Other states took some time to design some creative stuff!

I’m pissed because trading my truck in three weeks ago means I’ll be getting NY’s new plates. I have a name for them but I don’t want to offend anybody🌈

I’m pissed because trading my truck in three weeks ago means I’ll be getting NY’s new plates. I have a name for them but I don’t want to offend anybody🌈

We make fun of them too, but mostly because of this:
Cl_S5H0UgAIizhj.jpg

On that note, I'll also be getting these new plates soon. I should actually make my dmv appointment now since I have the bill of sale (not the truck yet though). Well I'm not crazy about the plates, I'm even less crazy about Louisiana's temp tag being displayed on the back window.

Just put my new plates on my truck today. He's officially official!

Had to give up my orange and blues.

Wow. That’s probably why ny doesn’t give them. I’d try to keep them for as long as possible

The only positive of paper tags is that the EZ Pass scanners can’t fine you.

Not that I’d skip tolls but you can just drive right through them.
I did that (accidentally) with my newly-delivered Ram back in 2018. Our Texas TollTag system grabbed a pic of my temporary tag and mailed me a ZipCash bill. No free rides!

Well you all inspired me to make my dmv appointment, so as of Thursday I should have it registered and have the plates. Probably won't have the truck by then but at least it will be completely ready to go once it's here.

yeah not sure I’d be to happy if I had to go to dmv. Dealer takes care of all that in NY. Tolls is a part of life if you work or live in NYC. My union is in NYC so my jobs are always down there. Tolls add up quick when you go through them to and from the job sites

You guys with your tolls and needing to make an appointment at the dmv. :ROFLMAO:

Ehem, sir we don't have the DMV here, we have the 'town office' and next to the town office is our volunteer fire department and 'peace keeper' who gives out concealed carry permits for $5.

Live free or die!

(but seriously, I wish we had a real fire department that was staffed. the response time is about 45 minutes)

You guys with your tolls and needing to make an appointment at the dmv. :ROFLMAO:

Haha NY state is full of fun little things. No tolls around my area luckily, and our dmv's just opened back up this past week to not needing an appointment. That being said, the line was out the door and going down the street when I drove past yesterday. So appointment it is, hopefully that can save me some frustration. It's the dmv though, sooooooo

lol. I live about 35 miles north of NYC and we also have volunteers fighting our fires. Only the cities have actual paid firefighters. Most of the suburbs are towns

Users who are viewing this thread

Back