5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got fooled by dealer

wayneli

Reaction score
I posted a thread about musty smell: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/musty-smell-after-turn-off-ac.9652/

It was followed up by ram care and a case was created. I went to the dealer dropped off the car and they told me they checked multiple times but nothing wrong. Same story they told to the ram care representative.

I checked my dash camera later and found out dealer has never started the car at all. Means they actually didn't do anything but just lied to me and ram care.

Ram Care is going to talk to them. I am expecting a new story says that they unplugged my dash camera.

But they didn't know the secrete about my dash camera is it's able to record a while even without power supply when a little vibration is detected (like open/close door, engine start).

Actually, regarding the musty smell, it's clearly and very well documented in the service manual.

Maybe I should study the service manual and get a local experienced independent mechanic if unclogging (as another member suggested to me) doesn't work

Last edited:

wwalljr

Reaction score
You have to wonder how often the diagnosis of “unable to duplicate” stems from the fact they never actually looked at the damn thing...

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sorry about your service experience, smart move on having the dash cam. Its sad that some people just wont do their job. Where’s the pride or even basic honesty? Sad.

Last edited by a moderator:

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Actually, the title to your thread seems not quite right, because it was the dealer that got fooled, not you, thanks to your dash camera ;-) Good work! I hope Ram Care can make it right for you.

The musty smell in automotive HVAC systems is common, although I'm surprised that a vehicle as new as yours is having microbial buildup in the ducts/evaporator area so soon - usually it takes a couple of years for the muck to build up to where it starts to smell.

Are you sure there is not a water leak someplace in the vehicle that might be part of the problem? A number of these 2019 Rams (1500s and some of the new HDs) have water-leak issues, as the many postings here on 5thgenrams prove.

Last edited:

ponypride

Reaction score
Dash cams don't lie. Love my black vue
I see all these posts about Dash cams. I am new to this product and was wondering if you could recommend which Dash cam is best. Do they only show activity from the front her today on social activity from the rear?

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not to defend the dealer, but trying to think why they “might not look at “ your vehicle, did you tell them the odor was there all the time or when the vehicle was running? Which was it by the way, is it there all the time or only when running?

MTRHEAD

Reaction score
I see all these posts about Dash cams. I am new to this product and was wondering if you could recommend which Dash cam is best. Do they only show activity from the front her today on social activity from the rear?
There are so many good ones to choose from it can get overwhelming. I have a black due 2 cam system [front and rear]. I really like it. If there is a incident when parked [including motion detection] it will record, also constant recording when driving. You have a app on your phone to view the recording. The bigger the sd card you put in it the more storage you have. Also has cloud storage if you want. It also has what they call power magic pro, that will shut the system off if your battery is getting low so you can still start your vehicle. There are many sellers that will help you decide what is best for you. I used thedashcamstore.com They were very helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread