5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gone full circle, now I am back in the Stone Age

Lakewake

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
Since I told my son I had ordered a 19 Ram, he has been eyeing my 16 LTZ. Instead of trading, I worked out a deal with him on my '16. with him being the one that got the deal. This is my 3rd Chevy, ironically I never sold my 1st, a 97 Silverado Z71 w/ 5.7. Our deal was, if he sold his Tacoma before my Ram came in, he would drive the '97 until my new truck came in. We were planning to drop a new engine, upgrade the trans and add a 2" lift to the 97, just for off-roading w/e's, down the road. My son decided to post his Tacoma for sale, and sold it 2 days later. Saturday he comes over to p/u the '97. Well Hell Bells, I forgot about all the new child restraint changes since 97, and there was no way the infant car seat was going to fasten correctly, and was not going to take a chance with my grandson.

So now I am driving a 97 while waiting for a 19 Ram. Monday, AC a little warm so I add some freon that afternoon. Tuesday it was nice and cold, so Tuesday afternoon the blower quits. Wednesday the driver side window stops working, and its stuck in the closed position, I will fix that this w/e. Thursday the driveway is full of antifreeze, yep, hole in the radiator, size of a half dollar. Waiting today to see what else my mechanic finds. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining, it has been a great truck. With 242k under its belt, it still gets me there. But if ts another month before my Ram gets here, I will have to get a upgrade myself to drive it.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Since I told my son I had ordered a 19 Ram, he has been eyeing my 16 LTZ. Instead of trading, I worked out a deal with him on my '16. with him being the one that got the deal. This is my 3rd Chevy, ironically I never sold my 1st, a 97 Silverado Z71 w/ 5.7. Our deal was, if he sold his Tacoma before my Ram came in, he would drive the '97 until my new truck came in. We were planning to drop a new engine, upgrade the trans and add a 2" lift to the 97, just for off-roading w/e's, down the road. My son decided to post his Tacoma for sale, and sold it 2 days later. Saturday he comes over to p/u the '97. Well Hell Bells, I forgot about all the new child restraint changes since 97, and there was no way the infant car seat was going to fasten correctly, and was not going to take a chance with my grandson.

So now I am driving a 97 while waiting for a 19 Ram. Monday, AC a little warm so I add some freon that afternoon. Tuesday it was nice and cold, so Tuesday afternoon the blower quits. Wednesday the driver side window stops working, and its stuck in the closed position, I will fix that this w/e. Thursday the driveway is full of antifreeze, yep, hole in the radiator, size of a half dollar. Waiting today to see what else my mechanic finds. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining, it has been a great truck. With 242k under its belt, it still gets me there. But if ts another month before my Ram gets here, I will have to get a upgrade myself to drive it.

Father/Grandpa of the year! Are they giving you any sort of ETA? Ordering 6/15 I'd say you have around another 6 weeks?

Lakewake

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
Father/Grandpa of the year! Are they giving you any sort of ETA? Ordering 6/15 I'd say you have around another 6 weeks?
No ETA, built on 7/6 but still stuck in I per Mots. Dealer said it is thru inspection, just nothing moving until they get the log jam cleared Thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread