5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going through water in a Ram

Sodahammer

Reaction score
I live in Florida and have flash flooding in my area periodically. When I had a Titan I could blast through 12-18 inches of water and throw a wake into all my neighbors yards, no problem. I am afraid to do the same in a brand new truck. Does anyone have experience taking a 5th gen down a flooded street?

I don't have a lift yet, but put 34's on it.

CJR28

Reaction score
No experience with my gen 5 but my gen 4 did it a few times stock 275/60R20s no lift. Btw, how do those tires fit?

Sodahammer

Reaction score
No experience with my gen 5 but my gen 4 did it a few times stock 275/60R20s no lift. Btw, how do those tires fit?

The tires fit great, hardly changed the ride. It is a little stiffer and feels more like a truck. It's easier to break the rear end loose on wet streets. Road noise is noticeable at 60+, but it isn't bad unless you are listening for it.

Weird thing is I get very slight rubbing with hard lock to the left on the passenger tire. I looked to see where it was rubbing but couldn't find it and realized that almost all the screws holding the fender well splash guard on were missing. The tire shop denies taking them off and the truck only had 5 miles on it when I got it. I ordered the screws and push pins because I would rather spend $20 than make an appointment with a service tech to tell me that my screws are missing.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol hope you guys extended your breather tubes from your front diff and transfer case. You might want to change fluids if you have not.

Users who are viewing this thread