5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going EV

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How practical or sustainable is it really?
Recycle EV Battery ...
EV Cost ...

Full vid ...

What do you guys think?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Part of me is excited about EV technology, but I think it’s all a giant dumpster fire right now. I’ll just leave my opinion at that.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Blue Oval City in TN ... Ford battery manufacturing facility in TN

How will this affect the local environment?

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Too early to tell. You will find plenty of articles and videos on both positve and negative outlooks in regards to battery after lives. I read there can be other industries that could use remove ev car batteries. If that turns out to be true and more importantly there is money to be made then atleast that would buy some more time until a better solution is found

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
IMO, alot of the EV stuff is smoke and mirrors. It isnt 0 emission, it just transfers the emissions to another place. Also, in most places you will be charging your EV with fossil fuels, also not saving the planet. And it makes us much more dependant on other countries for the materials.

The best use case would be in big cities which are full of smog and pollution, where you can drive a few miles to work and back, and charge in both places. Not for towing and long range driving.

Even Elon doesn't believe EVs will replace the ICE. I think Hybrids may be a good compromise at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread