5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Go Rhino running boards

RamRMK

Reaction score
Hi I just purchased a used 2019 black crew with the black appearance package which came with the chrome side to side steps. After looking at all the photos in the running board thread I like the looks of the Go Rhino D6 but am hesitant to purchase as I live in VT which loves to salt and brine the roads in the winter. Go Rhino offers a bed liner finish in the RB10 and RB20 but not on the D6. I read were one member had to touch up the finish already so wondering if any others have input on the longevity of these in northern climates? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdventureJunkie

Reaction score
I live in mass close to the ocean and haven't had any issues with my d6's. Have had them on about 18 months and the only wear I have is where I step on top of the octagon cutouts the paint has worn away slightly. Maybe some minor surface rust but nothing too crazy. Below is an up close photo of what I'm reffering to
c21b47dc3e5423ff2f46d0e8140deec5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

CPenn1086

Reaction score
I too am curious to hear how the D6 boards are holding up from all those who have them. I just ordered a set and am considering having them bed lined before install.

Pretty disappointed to see surface rust only 18 months in...

AdventureJunkie

Reaction score
Anything exposed to the elements will get that. Thats a high contact area so it'd be tough not to get some wear expecially on metal edges like that.

All considering I'm pretty impressed on how they have held up as a whole for the price. If I see them really getting beat up I will take them off, sand/wire brush, and repaint. But I expect probably 3-4 years at a minimum before I need to do that

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

RamRMK

Reaction score
I called my local Line X installer today and was quoted $150 for them to spray the boards so may go that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the RB 20's in the textured black powder coat, got 2 winters out of them before I had to touch them up with Tremclad rust paint. I sorta knew I would be doing that with all the salt/sand they use around here in winter.
Just part of maintenance I do to it in spring to get all the crud/crap off of it.

CPenn1086

Reaction score
I set up an appt to get them bedlined before I install them. Worth not having to worry about touching them up for the foreseeable future.

Users who are viewing this thread