5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GM's new advertisements

Rustydodge

Reaction score
I think they will spend a lot of $ on advertising campaigns to try and keep the #2 spot. They should probably put it towards updating the interior instead.

GMC Tailgate:
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/01/gmc-launches-awesome-new-ad-campaign-for-2019-sierra/
....because showing any other part of the truck would look worse vs the competition

Silverado to be advertised on Amazon boxes:
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/01...advertised-on-amazon-boxes-in-industry-first/
....because showing it break through anything other than cardboard wouldn't turn out too well

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
3rd party reviewer: "the Chevy is a $70,000 kick in the nuts"

GM: "people will be blown away"

I can't wait to see the next quarterly sales report.

S

Smashy71

The dealer I bought my ram from also sells Chevy. They let me drive the Chevy and the only thing good I could say about it was it had good pep. Other than that it was pretty vanilla. Plus nothing beats the ram suspension. More than likely when the TRX comes out I’ll be getting into one of those.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Absolutely, PT. If being frank, I like a lot of things in GM trucks.

However, after Ram raising the bar, I am fresh out of excuses for the plastic-fantastic rinky-dink bean-counted GM interiors.

Don't care how good the tailgate is if I feel like I'm driving something from a McDonald's playground.

S

Smashy71

I like my RAM much better. With that being said, that is a pretty innovative tailgate.

Just don’t have your hitch in your receiver when you lower it. Tailgate will smack the ball. True story. It’s all over Chevy forums.

Jackham

Reaction score
I like my RAM much better. With that being said, that is a pretty innovative tailgate.
Me thinks it has too much. I want to see how it works after a few years of dirt. Ford has this about right.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Another new ad:
Chevrolet Silverado Is ‘A Little Bit Country, A Little Bit Rock ‘n’ Roll’: Ad Break

This one is seems definitely more like a Ram ad. Maybe they've realized how terrible the "real people, not actors" ads are.

They are really bringing on the advertisements:
2019 Chevrolet Silverado Marketing Campaign Covers All The Bases
"You can look for the 2019 Silverado’s mug to appear on the cover of Bon Appétit, ESPN, GQ, Motor Trend, Rolling Stone, Southern Living, Sports Illustrated, Texas Monthly and US Weekly in the coming months."

Keep spending that $ GM. Can't wait to see how Q1 goes between them and Ram. Ram should look way + compared to 2018 Q1 and Q2, which were not great.

ptrnfan

Reaction score
Just don’t have your hitch in your receiver when you lower it. Tailgate will smack the ball. True story. It’s all over Chevy forums.
I didn't think about that when I watched the video. I rarely, if ever, pull a trailer so I would probably be the one to screw up my tailgate. They could have used a lockout using a sensor to look for a hitch. Still a cool idea if implemented properly.

Longhorn

Reaction score
I
Another new ad:
Chevrolet Silverado Is ‘A Little Bit Country, A Little Bit Rock ‘n’ Roll’: Ad Break

This one is seems definitely more like a Ram ad. Maybe they've realized how terrible the "real people, not actors" ads are.

They are really bringing on the advertisements:
2019 Chevrolet Silverado Marketing Campaign Covers All The Bases
"You can look for the 2019 Silverado’s mug to appear on the cover of Bon Appétit, ESPN, GQ, Motor Trend, Rolling Stone, Southern Living, Sports Illustrated, Texas Monthly and US Weekly in the coming months."

Keep spending that $ GM. Can't wait to see how Q1 goes between them and Ram. Ram should look way + compared to 2018 Q1 and Q2, which were not great.

I have been seeing that commercial a lot they are spending them advertising dollars.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They didn't spend it on the truck, so now they're spending it trying to sell the truck that fewer people want.

Then again, if they turned out a good product, I may not have had the opportunity to experience the new Ram.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed how incredibly slow the chevys tailgate lowers or is it just me? The power up feature is kinda cool but really how hard is it to lift a tailgate? Not really a selling point IMO.

Longhorn

Reaction score
I think everyone’s more into being able to access the bed.....

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have been thinking about these solenoid release tailgates and how a wrong push of a release button with a trailer connected is going to cause some nasty dents (and owner tears :cry:) If someone lets a toddler play with keys and fob has a tailgate release, then it could get pushed. Or someone pushes overhead console button for tailgate while trying to open sunroof with trailer connected. But the GMC Swiss Army knife tailgate could hit the hitch in the receiver just by selecting wrong release thinking they were just lowering the main gate. I am kinda glad there is no release on fob or overhead on my loaded Rebel.

Users who are viewing this thread