5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Global Windows Down on 2020

mbarnes536

Reaction score
I have been reading about doing the windows down via the key fob but I am not sure if this works for the 2019+ new body styles. I enabled the Global Windows Down setting via AlfaOBD but nothing seems to happen. It appears the setting has been written because if I go back in and change it, it is already showing yes. Has anyone got this to work?

I am using OBDLink MX+ and a bypass cable, linked below.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JFRFJG6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082Y918Z3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Global down isn't available on our trucks even though the setting is there. The Tazer DT can do it through its live functions which means is stays plugged in.

mbarnes536

Reaction score
That's not the answer I was looking for, LOL.
I have been going through the setting within AlfaOBD. If the Tazer can do it then there must be a way to do it via AlfaOBD.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have been going through the setting within AlfaOBD. If the Tazer can do it then there must be a way to do it via AlfaOBD.
I don't believe tazer is using a setting in the ram rather its wrote a script for the Tazer to perform the function as it does to fold/unfold mirrors on engine stop/start hence why it's a live function and requires the Tazer to be plugged in perform.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

vincentw56

Reaction score
No, Tazer runs a bunch of live actions that pass instructions through the ODB port. AlfaODB just sets configs and a few other things. It doesn't have the ability to do live functions.

McBroom

Reaction score
So... which would be the better unit to have? Dollar for dollar and function for function...
I'm in the market but not gonna buy both

Sorry for the hijack

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

vincentw56

Reaction score
So... which would be the better unit to have? Dollar for dollar and function for function...
I'm in the market but not gonna buy both

Sorry for the hijack

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Depends on what you want to do. If you want the live features, Tazer is it. But if you want to add or change many settings, AlfaODB is it. I had a Tazer and it drained my battery and caused all types of issues. I only wanted it for the auto fold mirrors. Waste of money for that one function. I am just trying to get in the habit of pushing the fold button. But I've added passive entry, ACC, FCW, and auto-park to my truck and AlfaODB can do this and Tazer cannot.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For me, the TazerDT was by far the better purchase. If you don't plan on adding a bunch of factory options to your truck that need programming, then AlphaOBD won't help you much. The Tazer has done everything I wanted and more. I even paid for AlphaOBD, and have never used it because the one feature I thought I needed it for was added to the TazerDT.

Corneeeeelius

Reaction score
Depends on what you want to do. If you want the live features, Tazer is it. But if you want to add or change many settings, AlfaODB is it. I had a Tazer and it drained my battery and caused all types of issues. I only wanted it for the auto fold mirrors. Waste of money for that one function. I am just trying to get in the habit of pushing the fold button. But I've added passive entry, ACC, FCW, and auto-park to my truck and AlfaODB can do this and Tazer cannot.
For passive entry, did you have to buy a new handle?
What is ACC?
What is FCW?
For auto park, did you add this or disable it?

vincentw56

Reaction score
For passive entry, did you have to buy a new handle?
What is ACC?
What is FCW?
For auto park, did you add this or disable it?
There are 2 forum posts out there with all the info. One for adding passive entry and the other for adding the others. ACC is adaptive cruise control, FCW is forward collision warning with emergency stop. You need need handles for passive entry. Auto park was added after the others.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Updating this for anyone that stumbled here after searching. For my ‘22 1500, the blindspot setting in the tazerDT would not enable my blindspot mirrors or taillight modules. After triple checking in the tazer that the option was enabled, I hooked up alfaobd and tried to send a command to turn on the driver’s side mirror blind spot indicator light. It and the passenger side didn’t work (it threw errors for improper config in alfaobd), as well as the taillight modules not detecting objects when driving. The solution was to unmarry the tazer and set it with alfaobd. Hope this helps someone who runs into this issue in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/