5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting inside the driver and passenger seat backs?

805bruin

Reaction score
Hi all! Just got a 2019 1500 limited and really like it. We’ve decided to put in a rear dvd headrest system in that we bought from Crutchfield. We had a rear entertainment system in our old car that worked really well with my kids and so wanted another (even though I know they can use iPads in some cases but we don’t want to go that route for various reasons).

I tried to snake the wire for the monitors along the headrest guide sleeve but wasn’t able to do so as it seems to hit some type of barrier I the seat about 2 inches in. It seems as if I may need to remove the leather upholstery temporarily to get a better look at the seat back to route the wire. Has anyone ever removed the leather upholstery? If so, how did you? I can’t seem to figure out how to get to the zipper to unzip the sides.

thanks for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread