5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General sound quality

Tmoney76

Reaction score
I’m a new 5th Gen owner and didn’t pay much attention during the test drive as to just how terrible the sound quality is on the 9 speaker system. At the quantity of speakers they would purchase you could get a slightly better quality speaker. I’m a Gen Xer and like my bass but come on. For the price of these trucks they could do better..

afphinfan

Reaction score
I'm 50 and can't hear from too much Pantera and other hearing loss additives from my past but I think the Alpine sounds OK in my truck. It does seem like my 2015 Longhorn sounded a little better but probably nostalgia. I will say that generally OEM systems are overhyped for what they offer ... they are decent but no where near a halfway decent aftermarket system. I imagine it is the lack of clean signal and probably the cheapest speakers imaginable.

Hope you can upgrade your speakers and add some baffles to the door to help you out.

ShadowWolf206

Reaction score
I've started noticing that the door speakers haven't produced as much sound as they have before. Alpine system.
Now, it may be that my hearing is starting to diminish (which I hope not - 26), or I can't hear it over the other speakers/ upgraded exhaust.

Anyone else notice this?

Last edited:

Jtc411

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this. I love the alpine in my 21 Laramie. I have the bass set to -1 because it was rattling my windows from all the bass. I think it’s a pretty impressive factory stereo

Users who are viewing this thread