5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gen 5 HD Trucks Hood Lifting At Speed

Ruffone

Reaction score
There is a thread on the forum about the hoods lifting at speed on the Gen 5 1500 trucks. It contains a TSB about the issue with a fix. I haven’t seen anyone mentioning it happening on the new Gen 5 HD 2500 trucks yet so I thought I’d post the first one concerning my new Gen 5 HD 2500 truck. When driving above 65 mph the hood starts lifting both in the middle and on the sides as if it wasn’t latched correctly. When you pass a semi the pressure difference makes it even more pronounced. So I took it to my local Ram dealer that I have had a great relationship with for the past 10 years and I took them on a drive to show them the issue. They agreed the hood should not be doing this. I brought the TSB on the 1500 trucks with me and gave it to them to show there is a known issue. I left my truck with them for a couple of days when I received a call from them saying they are still waiting to hear back from FCA. FCA was telling them that they couldn’t find the TSB for the 1500 trucks. Finally a couple hours later I get a call from them stating that FCA finally found the TSB but my truck wasn’t listed on it, but they said if it is experiencing the same issue go ahead and fix it. So the dealership gladly fixed it. It’s a cheap fix, just a tube of body bonding adhesive and a couple of man hours of labor. So if it’s happening to your truck press them until they fix it.

I did a search on google and it seems this is not just a Ram issue but an issue with other manufacturers using aluminum hoods. This includes Ford, Honda and Mazda.

Users who are viewing this thread