5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gas tank issue (Question)

abranchizio

Reaction score
I used to own a 2020 Ram 1500 Sport Laramie 2WD and put 40k miles on it, It had the 5.7 Hemi. When I was empty, I could put up to 25 gallons in it. I now have a 2020 Ram 1500 Sport Laramie 4WD and now when I fill it from empty, it shuts off at 17 gallons. Yesterday I was able to get it up to 23 gallons by going very slow and shaking the truck so it is a filling issue, not a volume issue. What could be causing this and how can I fix it.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There's 3 fuel tanks, the 33 gal, 26 gal and 23 gal. All have a 3 gallon reserve so unless you drive it past the low range warning, you'll be able to refill with 30, 23 or 20 gallons of fuel

abranchizio

Reaction score
There's 3 fuel tanks, the 33 gal, 26 gal and 23 gal. All have a 3 gallon reserve so unless you drive it past the low range warning, you'll be able to refill with 30, 23 or 20 gallons of fuel
According to window sticker, mine has the 23 gal tank. My 2wd window sticker does not say tank size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online