5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FYI stock rims don't fit on the spare tire carrier

philodog

Reaction score
Changed a flat tire today using the full sized spare. When I went to put the flat on the spare tire holder under the truck it turns out the hub hole is too small for the spare tire doohickey to fit thru. The bed was filled with stuff so I had to stick it behind the front seat. Just wanted to vent about about the stupid design.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Changed a flat tire today using the full sized spare. When I went to put the flat on the spare tire holder under the truck it turns out the hub hole is too small for the spare tire doohickey to fit thru. The bed was filled with stuff so I had to stick it behind the front seat. Just wanted to vent about about the stupid design.
That's common with many vehicles.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
What wheels do you have?
There are several differnet sizes and designs that come on these trucks

Users who are viewing this thread