5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future ram owner

clb5335

Reaction score
Joining to ask a couple questions about my future Ram...
I've owned gm trucks all my life but I'm finding the ram seats more comfortable and the infotainment much better in the ram.

I'm looking to get a 2022 for uconnect 5. In most of my experience with Chrysler rental cars, the wireless android auto works flawlessly. In gm, even the wired connection only works intermittently. Except for my last rental. It was a Pacifica and android auto was terrible. The van kept dropping the connection. Do rams have any of the same issues? Is it an update problem or so the two vehicles have different uconnect software?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
2019-2021 have uconnect 4 and wired only. 2022 above above have uc5 and wireless carplay and android auto.
That said you can get a dongle and leave it connected with usb and connect wirelessly from your phone to that device so even a 2019 can do wireless carplay if you wanted.

Android auto is also only half screen on the 12 inch screens, top or bottom. Carplay can be both.

clb5335

Reaction score
Finally found the right truck. I now have a silver 2022 big horn night edition. Double cab , Bed utility group, etorque, 3.xx axle 😂, 9 speaker alpine, level one safety with blind spot, lane keeping assist, emergency collision braking, trailer brake controller.

Pretty much all the options I was hoping for that are pretty rare on a big horn.

TelkaKit

Reaction score
Issues with Android Auto connectivity are often addressed through software updates. Ensure that both your Ram's Uconnect system and your Android Auto app are running the latest versions

clb5335

Reaction score
Issues with Android Auto connectivity are often addressed through software updates. Ensure that both your Ram's Uconnect system and your Android Auto app are running the latest versions
So far it's been excellent. Not a single problem thank goodness.

Users who are viewing this thread