5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Funny Memes or Pictures or Political, Rants, etc.

Yeeeeeeeesssssss! I’ve been saying this for years!!!View attachment 189679
Sure now that I’m retired after working a ton of overtime the last 37 years.🤨

That’s great. Sounds like a good idea but I really have a lot of doubts it will actually happen. That’s a whole lot of lost tax revenue. I would rather see all overtime tax money feed into Social Security to keep it fully funded much longer than the projected shortfalls on 2034. Seems nobody wants to fix that problem.

Last edited:

That’s great. Sounds like a good idea but I really have a lot of doubts it will actually happen. That’s a whole lot of lost tax revenue. I would rather see all overtime tax money feed into Social Security to keep it fully funded much longer than the projected shortfalls on 2034. Seems nobody wants to fix that problem.
I agree it will be a hard sell. Maybe his plan is to use the tariff revenue to fund the govt, instead of soley relying on taxing the pants off working people? Social security's problem is it's used to give free money to lazy baby mommas and illegals. So yea, it's gonna fall short.

I agree it will be a hard sell. Maybe his plan is to use the tariff revenue to fund the govt, instead of soley relying on taxing the pants off working people? Social security's problem is it's used to give free money to lazy baby mommas and illegals. So yea, it's gonna fall short.
This is not how our political system works. Politicians are only interested in short term issues, a max of four years. Nobody will remember in 2034 what happened in 2024. If the Social Security system runs out of money in 2034 it will be dealt with in 2034 and some pols will take credit for "fixing" it. No politician gets credit for "fixing" something that isn't a crisis. The national debt is the same. So are civil pensions. These problems will only be dealt with when they are a "crisis".

Agree. I have another idea. Privatize Social Security. We own the asset, not the government. 80% of all funds invested in American stocks, bonds, other equities. Require Sox Audits of every public company every 9 months. Require a portion of the investment to be set aside for private health plan. What happens? The American economy becomes the strongest and most well funded economy in the world. Full employment would be almost essential. Retirement age would be lowered. Healthcare would be out of the hands of government. Tax revenues would soar while brackets would be lowered. You know what else? It would not be in jeopardy of failing. Every American retires wealthy. Our currency becomes the strongest in the world. And on and on.

Today they take our money, make a promise, and then waste it away. I like my idea better.

Agree. I have another idea. Privatize Social Security. We own the asset, not the government. 80% of all funds invested in American stocks, bonds, other equities. Require Sox Audits of every public company every 9 months. Require a portion of the investment to be set aside for private health plan. What happens? The American economy becomes the strongest and most well funded economy in the world. Full employment would be almost essential. Retirement age would be lowered. Healthcare would be out of the hands of government. Tax revenues would soar while brackets would be lowered. You know what else? It would not be in jeopardy of failing. Every American retires wealthy. Our currency becomes the strongest in the world. And on and on.

Today they take our money, make a promise, and then waste it away. I like my idea better.

The other night during the debate Harris was talking about $50,000 here and $25,000 there and I thought if the Federal Government would just get out of everyone’s way with good jobs, less regulation and a positive business environment those good jobs would be made and everyone could afford the things they need without government handouts.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back