5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuel

Rebel 4x4

Reaction score
I just got a Costco membership and my 2019 ram revel 4x4 uses 89 but takes 87 Costco doesn’t have 89 just I think 87 unleaded and premium no middle ground for me. So my question is I know I can do 87 but can I do premium if I wanted to??

j517

Reaction score
Hey I always put in 91 at Costco I have 10k miles on it no issues

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Rebel 4x4

Reaction score
Have you noticed any performance increase or better mileage

j517

Reaction score
to be honest with you i dont kow the lie o meter tells me 15 to 18 but i have an edge cts it tells me 19/20 average.

with exhaust i didnt see to much but recently i got a cai and i see a huge dif what state are you in

KrashnPA

Reaction score
Have you noticed any performance increase or better mileage
My observations - I've run both towing a 6K trailer and I can't tell any difference in terms of mileage (8.5 - 9.5 MPG, 70 MPH, east coast hills) or performance. For piece of mind, I've started putting in the higher octane when towing even though MPG/power seems the same.

I will say when running unloaded/not towing, I can hear a difference when the MDS is active (engine sound, specifically listening for any detonation) and at what throttle point MDS will deactivate/activate. I get right around 16.5-17 MPG with Costco 87 and 93, so no difference in MPG there either. Just my observation, someone else might have different results.

Rebel 4x4

Reaction score
to be honest with you i dont kow the lie o meter tells me 15 to 18 but i have an edge cts it tells me 19/20 average.

with exhaust i didnt see to much but recently i got a cai and i see a huge dif what state are you in

I’m in Washington state

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, I just use Costco 91 because it's actually cheaper than 87 at regular stations. Top Tier premium fuel for cheaper than regular sounds good to me.

But to answer your question, I've seen no performance or mpg differences with either octanes, 87, 89 or 91. All my mpg suck equally lol. Those 33" tires, 3.92 axle and the rolling hills of where I drive just isn't an environment for good mpg.

Users who are viewing this thread