5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuel Rebel -12 Offset, Duratrac 33's 275/70/R18

Bigalh79

Reaction score
The weights are mounted inside the wheel near the outer side wall, if that makes sense. They don't come close to the brakes. It took me about 5 min to even find the so they are very well hidden.

7cc6de162b07728c1c1ca425409f8c0c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Did they put any weights on the inner part of the wheel? The guy at discount tire test fit my wheel and said he could put weights where they have them located on your wheel but he said they would need to have weight on the inner side of the wheel also. The inner side of the wheel is where it was real close to hitting the caliper. He also told me if they only put the weights where yours are located that I would more than likely have vibration.

U

User_21361

Did they put any weights on the inner part of the wheel? The guy at discount tire test fit my wheel and said he could put weights where they have them located on your wheel but he said they would need to have weight on the inner side of the wheel also. The inner side of the wheel is where it was real close to hitting the caliper. He also told me if they only put the weights where yours are located that I would more than likely have vibration.
No weights on the inner part from what I can see. I'm curious how the stock 18's are balanced as these are the same size. FWIW, I have no issues or ride changes since the swap and I'm extremely pleased with the look. Looking at the symptoms of unbalanced tires, I have none that I can see except bad fuel economy

Bigalh79

Reaction score
No weights on the inner part from what I can see. I'm curious how the stock 18's are balanced as these are the same size. FWIW, I have no issues or ride changes since the swap and I'm extremely pleased with the look. Looking at the symptoms of unbalanced tires, I have none that I can see except bad fuel economy

Ok thanks for the info.

OC.13

Reaction score

Curious how bad is the fuel economy on your set up now? Been thinking about moving up to a 33 on 18s as well. Was Wondering if it is a substantial change in gas mileage.

U

User_21361

I typically get 14.5 to 15.5 mpg on average. No change since the new wheels but they are similar in weight. I'm still getting the same ****ty fuel economy as before

Dabel250`

Reaction score
Just got new wheels installed. I haven't seen a lot of posts on these so I wanted to get something out here.

Fuel Rebel wheels 18x9 -12 offset in Anthracite
Stock Duratrac wheels - 275/70/R18

The wheels pushed the tire out by 1.25 inches. It has a much more aggressive stance. I also love the color contrast from the all black stock wheels. The big unknown was how would they work with weather tech mud flaps. The good news for me is that they clear by about 1/2 inch at full lock. The bad news is that I definitely will rub with 35's. the PNW has constant rain, so ditching the mud flaps (especially on a black truck) was not ideal. I'll stick with the 33's for now and maybe upgrade if I go with a full lift instead of a level.

View attachment 55416
Nice set up. Was looking at the same
Rims. My truck is stock and want to run275/70r18. When you first installed did you have stock suspension? And no issues with rub right?

U

User_21361

Nice set up. Was looking at the same
Rims. My truck is stock and want to run275/70r18. When you first installed did you have stock suspension? And no issues with rub right?

Stock rebel suspension when I put the wheels on. No rubbing (they are the stock rebel tires).

IxRACEx4xPHO

Reaction score
Hi, looking to eventually get the same setup as you for my trucks. Right now will go with stock tires on my Laramie as they are still new. How far out do your tires stick out now? Are they much past the fender flares? Thanks for sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread