5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front windows tinted installer said he couldn’t cover the corners

Stanzify

Reaction score
So got my windows tinted today and installer owner said that it is normal for tint not to cover corners and said it was due to ram window seal anyone else have this problem ?? What have been doing on the front strips with plastic around the mirror? C5BB5254-F6B3-470F-9D5D-6CA73E7E9A2B.jpeg

Attachments

• D0EF38C5-FD0B-4961-ACCD-4B8F94BC10AD.jpeg
    D0EF38C5-FD0B-4961-ACCD-4B8F94BC10AD.jpeg
    74.1 KB · Views: 164

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So got my windows tinted today and installer owner said that it is normal for tint not to cover corners and said it was due to ram window seal anyone else have this problem ?? What have been doing on the front strips with plastic around the mirror? View attachment 124233
It's really hard to tell what's going on in your pictures but I had my driver and passenger side windows tinted with no problem in the corners.
I cant speak to the windshield brow, I didn't have that done.

Oldphart

Reaction score
Same here, no issues with tinting the entire driver & passenger windows. The guy I used has been in business for over 30 years though. I'd ask for my $ back and look for another installer.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same here, no issues with tinting the entire driver & passenger windows. The guy I used has been in business for over 30 years though. I'd ask for my $ back and look for another installer.
I see you have the Bone as your avatar. I worked maintenance on them for 4 years. What’s your relationship with them?

GreatWhite

Reaction score
Professional shops have computers that cut the film to the exact size needed per application. Sounds like a cruddy excuse. Sorry man!

Oldphart

Reaction score

I see you have the Bone as your avatar. I worked maintenance on them for 4 years. What’s your relationship with them?
None really. There used to be an annual military airshow at Van Nuys airport in SoCal. I took that picture from my 12th floor office window as they were leaving on a Monday morning. The B1 took a loop around the valley and picked up 4 F-16's in formation. As a final goodbye, they all hit their burners at the same time. Broke hundreds of windows and that was the end of future airshows at Van Nuys airport. It's my understanding that all 5 pilots got into deep do-doo when they arrived back at their home base.

Last edited:

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My shop cut them by hand and I don't have that gap.
I do my own tint and cut by hand too. I've been doing tint for years (not professionally) and I don't leave out the corners.
I cut a small radius on the corner but it hides under the seal when closed. There's no reason they couldn't get all the way up in there.
I suspect they had an issue getting the corner to tuck in the seal, and trimmed it rather than applying a new sheet over the entire window once it got messed up. Just a guess though.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
The installer screwed up and is blowing smoke up you a$$. That window gasket got cut while test fitting and cutting the tint on the outside of the glass. My tiny was hand cut and there are no gaps and the window gasket is straight. Go to your local ram dealer and look at other trucks then go back to the installer and see what they have to say about it.

Clv22p

Reaction score
I don't know if that is cut. I just went out and took a picture of my truck in that same place to show OP what it should look like and mine looks very similar to his. The gasket turns back right there. My windows are tinted as well.

Edit: The more I see his picture maybe a touch was shaved off there. I don't know. lol
77691F86-1248-4DA1-AE22-C6C616D3D7BB_1_201_a.jpeg

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmmm, now I'm intrigued. I can't see mine anymore because I have vent shades. Anyone else have a close up of the same area? The above image doesn't look that different than the OP's.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine does not have the gap. My gasket has the same bevel at the top, so his is not cut.

20220328_090129.jpg

Last edited:

Klicht87

Reaction score
I take it back....maybe it wasn't cut. Here's mine.

Attachments

• image0 (37).jpeg
    image0 (37).jpeg
    36 KB · Views: 33

Users who are viewing this thread