5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front USB wont charge intermittently

Jmac509

Reaction score
I have a 2023 Laramie with 19k miles. I've started to notice sometimes when I plug in my phone to the USB and it wont charge. I've tried multiple different USB A and C cables in the front 4 ports under the infotainment and nothing will work.

When I plug the same cables into the USB port inside the center console or the rear passenger plugs everything charges fine so I don't believe this is a cable or a phone issue.

Now here is the interesting part. If I turn off my truck, open the door to turn off all the electronics then start my truck again the front chargers will work.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

rick619

Reaction score
Haven't heard of that issue. Sounds like an electrical problem and should be covered under warranty. I would take it to the dealer. If it's that easy to reproduce, hopefully easy to fix.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve experienced something similar. But since we are currently going through a heatwave, I chalk it up to that for the time being. Once the cabin cools down, the USB’s usually work.

Jmac509

Reaction score
I'm going to schedule a dealer appointment. It happens intermittently so maybe I can try to bring it to them when it happens so they can see it first hand.

Users who are viewing this thread