5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front right passenger seat. Any way to move the tracks back 4 inches?

2019 Laramie

Reaction score
Traded my 2017 Silverado with 45 inch front leg room for 2019 Laramie with front bench seats and 12 inch UConnect with 40 inch leg room. Need 4 more inches of legroom than maximum allows? What would it take to move the passenger bench seat back 4 inches?

R

Rob5589

While anything is certainly possible, that just is not a realistic option. Based on floor configuration, airbag placements, seatbelt placement, etc, you're better off buying another Silverado or the like. Curious as to how tall you are.

2019 Laramie

Reaction score
While anything is certainly possible, that just is not a realistic option. Based on floor configuration, airbag placements, seatbelt placement, etc, you're better off buying another Silverado or the like. Curious as to how tall you are.
Not me. I drive and I am short 5'9. Super comfortable for me. Son is 6.4. One daughter and wife 5.10 and wife has long legs. Can't put them out straight, and hits glove box when bent. We do 1300 mile grandchildren drives so the front has to be comfortable. Or I suppose she could ride in the back but I would miss her :) Like the truck suspension, transmission, 12 inch screen and engine better than my Silverado so I am not looking to switch back. Thanks for the feedback.

geotex1

Reaction score
Very few vehicles are designed for straight leg extension. Those that come to mind are super cars where the only focus is driving.

Sounds like maybe you should look into a seat swap and ditch the split bench and go with the dual power buckets. I'm 6'-5" and my wife 5'-10" and we feel the adjustability in my Laramie is quite comfortable for the long hauls.

shaveman

Reaction score
Traded my 2017 Silverado with 45 inch front leg room for 2019 Laramie with front bench seats and 12 inch UConnect with 40 inch leg room. Need 4 more inches of legroom than maximum allows? What would it take to move the passenger bench seat back 4 inches?
I was surprised at the limited amount of front seat travel in these trucks, especially given the super generous back seat leg room. My wife is only 5'4", and one of her first questions was whether there was any way to make the front passenger seat go back further.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm 6'8" and I do wish their was a little more seat travel up front. That said the Ram has a higher seating position then the GM trucks which have a lower more car like position where you sit low with your legs out to the front. In the Ram you sit like your in a comfortable chair with your legs more straight down so you need less legroom. You could have the seat tracks moved back by a handicap mobility shop but it will throw off the seatbelt angle and your going to have the Pillar in your side view instead of the side window.

Last edited:

Fidomac

Reaction score
Not me. I drive and I am short 5'9. Super comfortable for me. Son is 6.4. One daughter and wife 5.10 and wife has long legs. Can't put them out straight, and hits glove box when bent. We do 1300 mile grandchildren drives so the front has to be comfortable. Or I suppose she could ride in the back but I would miss her :) Like the truck suspension, transmission, 12 inch screen and engine better than my Silverado so I am not looking to switch back. Thanks for the feedback.
I think Ram needs to extend the tracks back a couple more inches to allow More Travel......I'm 5-10 but I feel closer to the dash than in my previous trucks with the seat all the way back

Users who are viewing this thread