5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front ORP with Mopar 2" Lift

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I know I've read that some members have installed ORP springs with the Mopar 2" lift to gain additional front lift. A few questions for the members who took this route. Does it eliminate rake? Anyone have the part number you used for the ORP springs? Did your dealer install this for you? Anyone have photos with front ORP and Mopar 2" lift? Thanks!

TGM5250

Reaction score
I know I've read that some members have installed ORP springs with the Mopar 2" lift to gain additional front lift. A few questions for the members who took this route. Does it eliminate rake? Anyone have the part number you used for the ORP springs? Did your dealer install this for you? Anyone have photos with front ORP and Mopar 2" lift? Thanks!
To answer one of your questions, it is my understanding that the newer Mopar 2” lift also levels the truck stance.

I am also trying to decide which lift/level I will use. I am considering the Mopar/Fox 2” lift or ORP springs and leveling with Falcon Tow/Haul Sport Leveling package. I don’t want or need a lot of lift and am more concerned with keeping as close to stock ride comfort as possible. I will occasionally tow a light/medium weight trailer so am leaning toward the Falcons but the Mopar is also appealing because it is OEM and made specifically for this truck. I will also be upgrading to either 305/65R18’s (33.6x12.2”) or 295/70R18’s (34.3x11.8”) and putting them on OEM Rebel wheels. As others have mentioned in previous threads, I am sure the tires will contribute more to a harsher ride quality than either of the proposed lifts.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are is a ton of good info on this forum about the Mopar lift with ORP front springs. I read through pages and pages myself, do a quick search. With that being said I run the setup you are looking at doing and I ended up with .5" of rake. Not sure what the ORP spring part number is currently because it keeps changing. Below is a few pics of my truck after install.

IMG_20200326_163238.jpg
IMG_20200326_161043.jpg

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There are is a ton of good info on this forum about the Mopar lift with ORP front springs. I read through pages and pages myself, do a quick search. With that being said I run the setup you are looking at doing and I ended up with .5" of rake. Not sure what the ORP spring part number is currently because it keeps changing. Below is a few pics of my truck after install.

View attachment 80094
View attachment 80095

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, Jeffjad. That looks nice! Not as much rake as I have with the Mopar 2" lift.

TGM5250

Reaction score

View attachment 80094
View attachment 80095
That looks great JJ, just the look I want.
Kudos on getting it right!

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That looks great JJ, just the look I want.
Kudos on getting it right!
It was def stressful when researching the lift I wanted and I ultimately I went this route. I could'nt be happier with the results. Ride stiffened up compared to stock but totally expected with a lift and E rated tires.

myles

Reaction score
Doesn't completely get rid of rake. I have about 1/2" -3/4" of rake, noticeable but it still looks good, not nearly as much rake as stock though.

Install is pretty easy if you know how to replace strut coils & add a spacer in the back. Took me maybe 4 hours.

armymp1130

Reaction score
Yes, that was before I swapped them out for my rough country UCAs.
what made you swap? was it the angle? i have non orp with rough country 2” leveling strut and my angle is awful im wondering if i should swap them to the mopar 2” lift ones

Attachments

• 1B834FC7-453F-489E-AD88-FA0B662D1F98.jpeg
    1B834FC7-453F-489E-AD88-FA0B662D1F98.jpeg
    138.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 0127A141-DFDB-49FD-B7AF-2C33D44AE421.jpeg
    0127A141-DFDB-49FD-B7AF-2C33D44AE421.jpeg
    132.1 KB · Views: 49

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
what made you swap? was it the angle? i have non orp with rough country 2” leveling strut and my angle is awful im wondering if i should swap them to the mopar 2” lift ones
Yeah I netted almost 3.5 inches of lift with the ORP springs and mopar 2" and it was pushing the mopar UCAs to the ragged edge, angle was about the same as yours. I tow a boat and it made it even worse so swapped them out and the truck handles much better with the RCs.

armymp1130

Reaction score
Yeah I netted almost 3.5 inches of lift with the ORP springs and mopar 2" and it was pushing the mopar UCAs to the ragged edge, angle was about the same as yours. I tow a boat and it made it even worse so swapped them out and the truck handles much better with the RCs.
do you think the mopar ones would fix my angle?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
do you think the mopar ones would fix my angle?
Someone on this forum compared the non lift UCA with the 2" lift UCA and the only difference is the travel of the ball joint itself and that's it. Bottome line is if you switch to the mopar 2" UCAs the angle will look the same but with further ball joint travel. Hope this makes sense.
I will see if I can find the post comparing the two UCAs

Last edited:

armymp1130

Reaction score
Someone on this forum compared the non lift UCA with the 2" lift UCA and the only difference is the travel of the ball joint itself and that's it. Bottome line is if you switch to the mopar 2" UCAs the angle will look the same as now but with further ball joint travel. Hope this makes sense.
I will see if I can find the post comparing the two UCAs
i believe i saw it once before so my best bet would be to go aftermarket like readylift?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i believe i saw it once before so my best bet would be to go aftermarket like readylift?
Personally that's what I would do. If your truck will only see pavement and never tow then you would prob be fine with the Mopar 2" UCAs but I would def replace the stock ones you have on now.

Last edited:

LithiaRam

Reaction score
Personally that's what I would do. If your truck will only see pavement and never tow then you would prob be fine with the Mopar 2" UCAs but I would def replace the stock ones you have on
So you’d say you got approximately 3.5 inches? How’s the overall ride quality? Wondering how that would compare to the other 3.5 lifts, like the SST 3.5? I work at a RAM dealer and can get a smoking deal on the Mopar kit but don’t want that much rack. Seems like also using the ORP springs might fix my issue but worried about the ride quality. Any info would be appreciated.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Probably settled closer to 3" of lift. Ride stiffened a bit from factory but I also have E rated tires now so I'm sure that didn't help ride quality. I've been happy with the setup overall.

LithiaRam

Reaction score
Wondering about buying the Mopar kit and only installing the front and leave the rear stock. Pretty sure that would eliminate all rake and still accommodate 35 inch tires. Saw 1 dealer do this. Any input?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online