5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front lower air dam removed?

Cmiller18y

Reaction score
Has anyone removed their front valance/air dam? I'm thinking the lower body lines would mesh perfect. Just wondering if anyone has pics of it. Not worried about the wind deflection because I drive only city in it.

Attachments

• IMG_20190419_162748_438.jpg
    IMG_20190419_162748_438.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 471
Last edited:

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you removed it you would see the retractable air dam and would not look good unless you removed it as well.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Problem with removing that(retractable air damn) if equipped is codes and/or lights on dash. Idk as I haven’t unplugged it and tried. I do know grill shutters malfunction = engine light and codes. Would assume the same of air dam.

Cmiller18y

Reaction score
Problem with removing that(retractable air ****) if equipped is codes and/or lights on dash. Idk as I haven’t unplugged it and tried. I do know grill shutters malfunction = engine light and codes. Would assume the same of air dam.
Wonder if I even have it? I need to check my window sticker

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven’t looked at mine. Maybe away to remove the dam without whole mechanism

Snakes709

Reaction score
If you remove the retractable air dam, it does not trip a code. I hit a fox recently and it broke the bracket. Cant buy just the bracket so i had to replace the whole unit. I removed the broken one while i waited for the dealership to get in the new one. Never tripped a code.

Repsol69

Reaction score
Has anyone removed their front valance/air dam? I'm thinking the lower body lines would mesh perfect. Just wondering if anyone has pics of it. Not worried about the wind deflection because I drive only city in it.
Not meaning to jack your thread BUT..Is that your truck in the pic??..if so what size tires are you running on those stock wheels? Is the truck lifted or stock height? 4x4 or 4x2?...thanx

Aykillah

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/