5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front Camera

azzx

Reaction score
I did get all of the parts, installed camera, the connectors i received are too big and will not fit in the holes. see pic below.
I don't think that they are the correct Mouser connector.??

IMG20220519091502.jpg

azzx

Reaction score
Reorder them through Mouser - $70 overnight delivery!!
used the link inserted on many posts for Mouser

Last edited:

azzx

Reaction score
Finally - installed - pins 21 and 22. Natika camera has only OK image - better than nothing. Panful (installing the camera under A in the bezel. - Next time will remove the Grill -- Much less time
Installing the trailer break controller is done also -- next time around I will pay the dealers to get the hardware installed (under the dash). The bracket location is BS!! Too damn old to deal with this s....t!
All is working -- Thanks to all of the contributors in many threads for instructions on how to get these installed.
Love AfaOBD! ---- still dont have performance and off-road pages. My truck built date is Dec. 2018. maybe too old BCI / Screen

Last edited:

lawmann8

Reaction score
Hey. Yes, it’s a 2020 Rebel. 12” screen. I used the camera linked below. I have also linked other parts/components I used/needed.

NATIKA Backup/Front View Camera,IP69K Waterproof Great Night Vision HD and Super Wide Angle Metal OEM Style Reverse Rear View Backup Camera for Cars Pickup Trucks SUVs RVs Vans (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H852D49/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_mzOVFbCS2J59H?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

VNDEFUL 2PCS Car Audio Line Lotus Head Audio Line RCA Line Female Head Single-Head AV Line On The Upper Tin RCA Video Line. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BKVFX2H/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_EBOVFbZNATSF1

You’ll need two of these, to go onto the ends of the RCA pigtail...

Do you know if the list of materials will work with an OEM front camera that I already have in the RAM front grill? Also, do you need all three items shown on the Zautomotive site?

Attachments

• C73E8B38-AF16-4DC3-A194-10EB65C01A64.png
    C73E8B38-AF16-4DC3-A194-10EB65C01A64.png
    91.7 KB · Views: 60

toyboy1980

Reaction score
Do you know if the list of materials will work with an OEM front camera that I already have in the RAM front grill? Also, do you need all three items shown on the Zautomotive site?
I don’t believe so. The OEM cameras are not analog. They run through a whole other digital signal processor, etc.

NOELROJASALFONSO

Reaction score
Just installed a front camera today. I did do the method of integrating it into the factory head unit. It’s really not that bad of a process. Just gotta make sure you’ve got everything you need, and clear instructions on what to do. There are several good threads on here with helpful info.
Hey Brother how did you connect the camera to the OEM radio?

toyboy1980

Reaction score
Hey Brother how did you connect the camera to the OEM radio?
You’ll wanna work your way through this thread…

Users who are viewing this thread