5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From Jeep to Ram - First Truck Eva!!!

BlckDT

Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger and picked up my first truck ever. With my newly growing family and all the around the house work, a truck made sense. The 2019 RAM first caught my eye and I fell in love. Ran Jeeps for 18 years and got rid of my 14' Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude for this beauty!!

BlckDT_2019.jpg

79 300

Reaction score
Personally, I’m really digging the white letter tires on the black rims! Just enough contrast. :cool:
I see someone finally agrees with me. My truck came in with blackwalls and I got the dealer to swap them with another black appearance truck that had white letters. to the O.P. your new truck looks great.

HKP7PSP

Reaction score
I did the same thing. Went from a 2015 Grand Cherokee Summit, to the RAM. Thought that was a great powertrain in the Jeep with the 5.7L and ZF8, so naturally this was an easy step to make.

BlckDT

Reaction score
I did the same thing. Went from a 2015 Grand Cherokee Summit, to the RAM. Thought that was a great powertrain in the Jeep with the 5.7L and ZF8, so naturally this was an easy step to make.

I moved from the V6 (845RE 8-speed trans) to the 5.7L! Love it. Didn't know what I was missing lol

HKP7PSP

Reaction score
I moved from the V6 (845RE 8-speed trans) to the 5.7L! Love it. Didn't know what I was missing lol
Glad you are happy with the move! I thought the Grand Cherokee was a fantastic SUV. I was pretty anti-Chrysler/Mopar for many years until I test drove the Jeep, and the rest is history. :)

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Jeep owners unite! I too am coming from a GC, a 2012 v6 which is downright lazy at the best of times (5 speed mercedes tranny just doesn't cut it). Past vehicles have been all GM, the Jeep was my first FCA and I'm still impressed with the drive quality and interior of my simple Laredo. Spent only $85 on it over 5 years of ownership on "out of pocket" repairs (not including regular maintenance of course). It now has 155,000 KM but just doesn't have enough grunt to pull what I want to pull so it was time to invest in a truck. Going to miss her though, she is small and nimble, turns on a dime, and looks gorgeous.

Oh well, looking forward to the day my truck finally arrives.

Users who are viewing this thread