5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From a 2001 Dakota to 2019 5th Gen Ram

smitty329

Reaction score
I had a 2001 Dakota Quad Cab SLT 4X4 4.7L V8 Patriot Blue - "Ole Blue" served us well for over 18 years but was getting tired and I could not see the investment in new tires, brakes, suspension given her age although she still looked good and only had 149K miles. I traded her in on a 2019 5th Gen Quad Laramie 4x4 HEMI in Maximum Steel Metallic. I hope "still working on name for new truck" lasts just as long if not longer. I got the Quad cab because the Crew would not fit in the garage - about 2 inches too long.
IMG_6974.PNG
IMG_6986.JPG

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome and congratulations on your new Ram! If that's a recent picture of your 2001 Dakota, that truck looks really nice. You must live in a warm area where they do not salt the winter roads.

smitty329

Reaction score
Welcome and congratulations on your new Ram! If that's a recent picture of your 2001 Dakota, that truck looks really nice. You must live in a warm area where they do not salt the winter roads.
Photo taken about a year ago - North Texas Truck - very rarely salt the roads. I did grow up in Upstate NY so I saw my share of winter rats back in the day!

Last edited:

Tommym

Reaction score
Looks very nice. I Traded in my 2001 Dakota Quad, 4.7 with 122,000 that I had for 18 years back in February for a 2019 RAM Crew cab. I'm loving it.

smitty329

Reaction score
Looks very nice. I Traded in my 2001 Dakota Quad, 4.7 with 122,000 that I had for 18 years back in February for a 2019 RAM Crew cab. I'm loving it.
Good to know I'm not the only one! Looks like I made the right decision!! The Dakota was a nice truck - I still see a lot of them on the road. The technology and convenience of the new truck is awesome. We have our first road trip next weekend - looking forward to it!!

Users who are viewing this thread