5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free cellular / internet radio on the 12” w/ Nav

RT70808

Reaction score
Ok, so I was sitting in the drive thru at Walgreens and the side of the building blocked the Sirius Sat signal, after going in / out for a bit an option popped up to play via the the internet. I do not have an active cellular data plan on the truck and it worked.

57BE0EA5-CBB0-43D6-BAE8-8265A792BE5E.jpeg

5EF12A20-6712-4AD0-802C-183E7746D73A.jpeg

7311B6C5-F018-4154-A652-BAFE6D5E73F7.jpeg

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not free... well, free trial. If you haven't signed up for ATT Connected Car, the truck is likely still in a demo mode and will have 1 GB of data. If you sign up, you get another 1 GB trial. After that, you have to pay.

MachoDonut

Reaction score
Not free... well, free trial. If you haven't signed up for ATT Connected Car, the truck is likely still in a demo mode and will have 1 GB of data. If you sign up, you get another 1 GB trial. After that, you have to pay.

I thought the 1 GB was just for the hotspot, while the streaming features were supposed to be part of the All Access 1 year trial.

That said, my streaming stations now show unavailable, but are still available from a mobile device. So just looking for clarification on this.

MachoDonut

Reaction score
So I was able to reproduce what the OP did while getting gas this morning. Gas station overhead blocked satellite coverage, so I got the prompt to stream over the internet. No problem, have had this option always.

But my stations that normally stream, like home team NLF radio along with some music channels, continue to show as unavailable and are greyed out on the preset bar.

Slice of Pecan Pie

Reaction score
I know this is old, but I'm curious how this is working. I have a 2021 Limited and I live outside of Sirius Satellite coverage but like a few stations on there. I'd love to have access. It works over the internet, but I don't know how.

vdemarco

Reaction score
I know this is old, but I'm curious how this is working. I have a 2021 Limited and I live outside of Sirius Satellite coverage but like a few stations on there. I'd love to have access. It works over the internet, but I don't know how.
You can loadup the siriusxm app on your phone and connect that to the car with CarPlay or Android Audio (or whatever its called).

Tjd

Reaction score
internet based sirusxm is part of the 360L service. You need the all access package. data for the vehicle’s radio is included in that package and does not require you to subscribe to Guardian, or the wifi hotspot service.

Users who are viewing this thread