5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fox 2.0 Coilovers, Readylift 3.5 SST

808BigHorn

Reaction score
I've been running a Readylift 3.5 SST lift on my 2020 Ram 1500. Truck was a dealer demo with the lift already installed with 33" tires when I purchased it. I immediately replaced the 33"s with 35" Grabber X3's and replaced the factory rear coils with Dayton CargoMaxx XHD variable rate coils to accommodate a 240 lb. SmartCap Evo topper and my camping load. I still kept the Readylift rear spacer to retain a factory-like rake which leveled out with approximately 900 lbs in the bed. I was somewhat satisfied with the overall ride with that setup, but was looking for ways to upgrade the front suspension (waiting for Carli or AEV to come out with something). I finally decided to pull the trigger on a set of Fox 2.0 coilovers. Eliminated the stock front shocks and the Readylift preload spacer and replaced with the Fox coilovers set at 2", while retaining the Readylift strut extension and of course the Readylift tubular UCA's. The same height was retained (25" from center of hub to fender) and aligned to well within specs. Ride is a lot better on road - can't wait to take it off road.

Louhound88

Reaction score
I've been running a Readylift 3.5 SST lift on my 2020 Ram 1500. Truck was a dealer demo with the lift already installed with 33" tires when I purchased it. I immediately replaced the 33"s with 35" Grabber X3's and replaced the factory rear coils with Dayton CargoMaxx XHD variable rate coils to accommodate a 240 lb. SmartCap Evo topper and my camping load. I still kept the Readylift rear spacer to retain a factory-like rake which leveled out with approximately 900 lbs in the bed. I was somewhat satisfied with the overall ride with that setup, but was looking for ways to upgrade the front suspension (waiting for Carli or AEV to come out with something). I finally decided to pull the trigger on a set of Fox 2.0 coilovers. Eliminated the stock front shocks and the Readylift preload spacer and replaced with the Fox coilovers set at 2", while retaining the Readylift strut extension and of course the Readylift tubular UCA's. The same height was retained (25" from center of hub to fender) and aligned to well within specs. Ride is a lot better on road - can't wait to take it off road.
I've been looking into fox 2.0's for a little while now and have searching for some feedback, appreciate you posting. Can you describe how driving feels now compared to before? I had fox coilovers on a silverado and the ride was massively improved over the stock rancho shocks it had. Alot better at absorbing bumps and holes but also better at handling the unsprung weight of my bigger tires.

I notice now with my stock shocks and a leveling spacer I have a lot of wash out problems. where I hit a series of bumps in the road and my truck with move side to side, almost bouncing left and right wherever the road bumps decide to take me.

Do you notice any improvement with that? Or ever felt that issue?

808BigHorn

Reaction score
Drove it about a mile on a broken pavement/ gravel road today and I it definitely eats bumps, potholes and uneven road better than the stock shocks with the preload spacer. Articulation has definitely improved as well.

Attachments

• 16903839-20E3-49E7-8BBC-F0594F86F9B9.jpeg
    16903839-20E3-49E7-8BBC-F0594F86F9B9.jpeg
    173.2 KB · Views: 129
  • F42FD777-EB89-42FD-9270-A6E286D821C1.jpeg
    F42FD777-EB89-42FD-9270-A6E286D821C1.jpeg
    209.3 KB · Views: 128

Kmarcella4

Reaction score
Any long term review on this one? Have the Readylift 3.5 and am not impressed with the ride quality in the slightest. would love to upgrade to the fox 2.0 or similar all around and maintain the ride height I have with the Readylift currently

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
I was planning on doing the same thing when my Bilsteins wear out. 5100/5160's w/ RL 3.5 kit w/o preload spacer. Was thinking of doing 3" Fox coilovers w/ .5" spacer. and new Fox resi rears

n0bdy

Reaction score
This seems like The Way

Users who are viewing this thread