5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found something interesting while towing this past week.

cw_mi

Reaction score
I towed a 7x14 single axle (landscaping style) trailer this holiday week. It had a SxS and a sport quad on it I'm guessing a total weight of 3500 lbs or just shy of it. On the way up to our cabin I had it in Tow/Haul mode. My mileage up was 11.5 , running with the cruise set at 73mph

On the return trip I did not engage the Tow/Haul mode and at the end of the trip back ended up with 13.5 mpg , again with the cruise set at 73mph. I'm wondering it the load is just light enough that I really don't need Tow/haul engaged ? I've got 3.92 gears.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't use Tow/Haul with my boat because I don't really need to and the fuel economy is better. Tow/Haul holds the gears a little longer and will downshift earlier than normal mode to keep you in an optimal RPM power band. Save Tow/Haul for the heavy loads and save some gas.

Users who are viewing this thread