5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found a way to lock the 5th gen air suspension in “Entry Exit” mode

RamNV

Reaction score
In my 2020 Limited, I found that if I set the suspension to Entry/Exit mode before turning off the truck, and then turn off the truck...then remote start, and enter the vehicle and hit the “hazard” button...this will shut the truck off as soon as you hit the button. When you restart the truck, it’ll remember the last suspension setting and lock itself into the last setting...which in this case is the “Entry Exit” level, and won’t change to the higher suspension levels, when higher speeds are achieved. The ride quality suffers a little, but if you like the slammed look, this is a way to get it without pulling fuses or altering the stock suspension.

Unfortunately, I tried to lock it into “Off Road 2” setting, using the same procedures, and it doesn’t lock at that level at the higher speeds.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Like 90 percent of the time if I lower my truck to entry exit from the fob and then come get in and drive it later if stays in entry exit.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
In my 2020 Limited, I found that if I set the suspension to Entry/Exit mode before turning off the truck, and then turn off the truck...then remote start, and enter the vehicle and hit the “hazard” button...this will shut the truck off as soon as you hit the button. When you restart the truck, it’ll remember the last suspension setting and lock itself into the last setting...which in this case is the “Entry Exit” level, and won’t change to the higher suspension levels, when higher speeds are achieved. The ride quality suffers a little, but if you like the slammed look, this is a way to get it without pulling fuses or altering the stock suspension.

Unfortunately, I tried to lock it into “Off Road 2” setting, using the same procedures, and it doesn’t lock at that level at the higher speeds.
“The ride quality suffers a little”

LOL - the rear is sitting on the bump stops in E/E mode. Then again, some guys ride hardtail bikes...

Users who are viewing this thread