5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ford Remote Start Now Free

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This makes the $15/month Sirius remote start/lock/unlock look ridiculous:

Gozar

Reaction score
C'mon FCA....get with the program. It is ridiculous to charge us $15 a month to remote start/unlock......

Maple

Reaction score
This makes the $15/month Sirius remote start/lock/unlock look ridiculous:

It already looked ridiculous before this, but I get your point.

19ramsport

Reaction score
It was free for 5 years on my 2014 GMC Sierra, now GM charges for it. I tried the remote app for my Ram and I couldn't get it to work. So I'll just go back to pointing the fob out my window at work to remote start it, that's mainly the only time I use it since I park inside my garage at home.

RamGuy32

Reaction score
Free markets are a great thing...at this point we should see FCA making this free to compete. If not, they'll lose some sales especially from those extreme cold or hot regions.

Kidder

Reaction score
This used to be free with Uconnect until they switched to Sirius XM Guardian. A major mistake, IMO. On my 2016, voice to text worked perfectly. Now you're stuck with AA or Apple Car Play. And I could use my Uconnect app to start/stop my truck, unlock/lock the doors, and see oil life, tire pressure, etc. Sirius XM Guardian is a major step backwards along with taking away talk to text with Uconnect.

MTaylor

Reaction score
This used to be free with Uconnect until they switched to Sirius XM Guardian. A major mistake, IMO. On my 2016, voice to text worked perfectly. Now you're stuck with AA or Apple Car Play. And I could use my Uconnect app to start/stop my truck, unlock/lock the doors, and see oil life, tire pressure, etc. Sirius XM Guardian is a major step backwards along with taking away talk to text with Uconnect.

So, the only way to use Talk to Text is through AA or Apple Car Play? Man ….I'm getting to old for this stuff. My current '13 doesn't have this, it does have UConnect that I don't use/pay for. When stopping in at the dealer looking for a new truck, this was a cool feature and the salesman told me the Talk to Text feature could be done once phone and truck were connected via BT. Guess I assumed this meant I didn't need UConnect, AA or Apple Car Play and wouldn't need to pay a fee (eventually) for this feature …..much like dialing a number and talking, all done via BT connection. Guess I was way wrong!

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
BT texting does work. You need to hold down the voice recognition button on the steering wheel for a few seconds to activate Siri. Once active, you can command it to text contacts in your phone. Plus, you can listen to text that you receive while driving.

Users who are viewing this thread