5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Force hold audio source

warmmilk

Reaction score
Is there a way to make uconnect to stick to the audio source selected and not change unless I change it?

If I have something playing via bluetooth or aux, and my phone at the same time (charging and/or nav via carplay), as soon as my phone makes a sound it switches to my phone (via usb) as the audio source. And for bonus points, when I manually change it back to bluetooth it restarts whatever was playing (doesn't do this with aux cause I don't think aux can send that kind of signal).

and then when I turn off and leave the truck, it'll always start back up with sirius.

how do I make uconnect stop making decisions for me?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Is there a way to make uconnect to stick to the audio source selected and not change unless I change it?

If I have something playing via bluetooth or aux, and my phone at the same time (charging and/or nav via carplay), as soon as my phone makes a sound it switches to my phone (via usb) as the audio source. And for bonus points, when I manually change it back to bluetooth it restarts whatever was playing (doesn't do this with aux cause I don't think aux can send that kind of signal).

and then when I turn off and leave the truck, it'll always start back up with sirius.

how do I make uconnect stop making decisions for me?
Here’s the trick. Select the source you want, and save your profile with the button on the door (in addition to your seat memory, it will remember mirror position, and audio source). Next time you start the truck, it will recall it.

Cheers,

warmmilk

Reaction score
Here’s the trick. Select the source you want, and save your profile with the button on the door (in addition to your seat memory, it will remember mirror position, and audio source). Next time you start the truck, it will recall it.

Cheers,

so if I'm not a baller like you with a Limited but a peasant with a Bighorn that doesn't have memory seats, I'm SOL?

ST3500

Reaction score
so if I'm not a baller like you with a Limited but a peasant with a Bighorn that doesn't have memory seats, I'm SOL?

LOL ! That's a funny answer...... :ROFLMAO: Yes my brother, you're s..... out of luck ………. Hey! At least you have Bluetooth!!
But unlike us "big rollers" with the fancy brand name sound systems: if you ever were to upgrade your truck stereo in the future, believe me it will be a lot easier for you than it is for us.

Users who are viewing this thread